The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Advice for rubber band beginner? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MrX
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
139 Posts

Profile of MrX
I do mainly card work but am certainly a beginner in terms of elastics and rubber bands.

I just saw a terrific rubber band routine done - there is an effect that looked very simple - two rubber bands passing through each other right in front of your eyes - what is the best rubber band book to get - Elastrix or Elastrix 2?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
ben creitz
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of ben creitz
there are a billion threads about this, but here's a start: get dan harlan's video - rubberband tricks volume 1. it has the trick you're looking for and much more. Get Elastrix vol. 2. Skip Elastrix vol 1.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Get Dan Harlan tape or dvd on rubberband magic Vol 1 with back together on it. It is better than the book.
DonB
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DonB
I'm a book kind of guy; I teach 7th grade Language Arts after all. But I have to agree with everyone here-get the tape or DVD, not the book. I have Elastrix I. I struggled with CMH effect. With the tape, it took a couple of minutes to see what was supposed to happen.

Good Luck!

DonB
BillParky
View Profile
Regular user
Atherton,Manchester,U.K.
123 Posts

Profile of BillParky
I agree with all the comments but would add Dan Harlan's video 'Band Shark' as well.
To learn Crazy Man's Handcuffs thoroughly I'd advise Michael Ammar's booklet to be used in conjunction with a video.
I think you're right to be having a go at rubber band magic - it has terrific possibilities.Good luck.

Bill
Smile
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
All of the Dan Harlan tapes are good. I would recomment his entire rubber band series.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Use Dan Harlen's tapes to learn the moves but not the patter, character or hair cut. Smile
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
For high impact Rubber Band Tricks, is it better to get Dan Harlan Rubberband Magic volume 1 or
Michael Ammar Classic Renditions volume 2?