The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Street Performing Levitation/Suspension (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Yes, remember, there was the outside advantage in the ancient marketplaces of both small crowded areas, and soft ground or sand, or being able to spread out your camel carpet on the ground.

It was possible to sit somewhat comfortably in the air most of the day until the market closed, with the right dips and twists in your support materials.

And please let's be careful guys, a few posts are getting a bit to close to exposure in their details, and anyone can gain access to these threads doing a google search.

Thanks, Walt
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Soooo cool!
Santa, hey, Santa….. can I have my own Stage for Christmas, pleezze???

http://www.illusionscanada.com/

Aerial Arrival
ONLY $14.95

The Effect
Two female assistants pick up a foulard from the stage floor. The foulard is stretched out tightly and after a few moments, something begins to form beneath it. The audience can see above, below and to the sides of the foulard at all times. The object appears to be the shape of a man pushing ward from beneath the foulard. Slowly, it begins to float upward. Upon reaching a height of almost 5 feet in the air, the assistants let go of the foulard which remains suspended. The assistants both reach up and give it a sharp downward pull to reveal the performer floating horizontally in mid air! The performer slowly floats downward landing on a thin board now held by his assistants. Landing gently on the board, he turns and walks forward to receive his applause.
This illusion brings a new twist on the classic Asrah levitation with an entirely different method.
Also available from the largest e-publisher and e-retailer of magic ebooks in the world!

Frequently Asked Questions

Can this effect be performed outdoors?
No. This effect must be performed in an indoor theater.

Are there lighting restrictions?
Some, but it's worth it. This illusion has the same restrictions as the classic Asrah levitation. Lighting and stage setting must be controlled although the requirements are something that most theatres are already set to accomodate.

Do I require the use of a fly system or other overhead rigging?
No. Everything can be brought on site and set up without having to rig anything above the stage.

What is included with the plans?

You will receive images and full descriptions of the Effect, Method, Props and performance.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I think this is the best use of this levitation.

https://youtu.be/rgDt4MkWlH8?si=FFHYWZsm9swfAMLI

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "