The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Peter Loughran's " From My Cold Dead Hands " (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
OK..OK..so it's not really called " From My Cold Dead Hands" it's really the new Phantasm Portable Pro 3. BUT..the only way anyone will ever get this prop from me is "from my cold dead hands." (If I can steal a line from Charleton Heston..LOL)

I just received my new Phantasm Portable Pro 3 and just had to comment on this product. What an unbelievable piece of art! Although the effect itself is amazing and leads to so many presentation possiblities I'm just as impressed by the quality of the workmanship and the creativity that went into it. Loughran and Bogunia have done it again and designed this for the working/travelling professional. This "miracle" packs down, travels safely and looks as ungimmicked as anything could be.

For those who are not familiar with this effect it's similar to Peter's Relic, Polertgeist and original Phantasm illusion in which objects are animated while sealed in a plexiglass (that can be inspected) box. You can learn more about at it here http://www.masterofillusions.ca/phantasm_portable_pro.html but as no video is currently online yet you may want to watch the video in regards Poltergeist or Relic to get the idea.

This version is my favorite because it combines the best of the three previous effects. (large plexi box/good for stage, 3 objects can be animated at once, entirely programmable,can be placed on any chair, table or stand, priced right)

Just had to vent my delight!

Thanks Peter,

Tim
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
That piece looks really cool Tim. What a fantastic addition that appears to be. Congrats to you as well as Peter. The prop looks very nice: simple in design - Innocent piece, looks well-built, has an ATA case. What more could you ask for? Good stuff.
SBogunia
View Profile
New user
Niles MI
42 Posts

Profile of SBogunia
I had nothing to do with inventing Phantasm Portable Pro 3. But peter Does use the electronics we make. I think the trick ROCKS!!! well I should say all of his stuff is very cool
he is one of today's best magical inventors!!!!

Sean