The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Hand locking problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Ok why am I having problems with this. I am able to do the 'fall backwards and forwards' with subjects and also am able to anchor a touch with sensations . i.e touching the subjects shoulder to envoke a cough or a certain taste etc. But for the life of me I can't get the locked hands to work. I have been working with the ormond mcgill book "the new encyclopedia of stage hypnotism" and pointers would really help

regards

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Try some other descriptions of the effect
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Just suggest that the hands lock. If this fails then your subjects are less suggestive then usual.
It may be the method of priming that you use or the way in which you impliment it is flawed.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

I have been using the script in ormonds book. is there some other referencee I could read on this to try another method?

regards

steve
-Tony Iacoviello
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
What I meant was, it might be the strength of your conviction when implimenting the material.

If you have concerns about what you are doing then this may show through. If you don't believe it then how do you expect your subjects too believe it.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 13:15, Partizan wrote:

If you don't believe it then how do you expect your subjects too believe it.

Absolutely right..."Confidence begets confidence." That's the way I've learned and remember.

Check out Jonathan Royle's vids. at http://www.hypnoshop.com .
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Man I hate it when someone asks for advice and they get a comercial for a link to Royal... should be a rule against it.!

something that may help is to stress the pushing of the hands up, this is what helps to lock them together in the first place, if you are doing the over the head thing I am thinking of that is, if not then disregard.

Confidence is actually the key to any suggestion. If your not confident in you then well quite frankley neither are they. It is as much a test of YOUR ability as it is their suggestability.

Try starting with the magnetic fingertip thing first, then move to the hand locking, once it works with the fingers, (which it has to as it is a physical reality NOT a suggestion, although you pass it off as one) then you and they may have more confidence in you as a hypnotist and suggestion giver.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

That's was extremly helpful thank you. its kinda funny the linking of a touch to a sensation is fine, and I do have plenty of confidence at that, but the hand locking thing, hmmm your right, I am a little unsure about, I guess this is showing thru, I wasn't doing th hand locking effect over the head I was doing it outstreach in front of them. Does this mean the above th head technique is alittle easier?
It sounds like my confidence as pointed out may well be the problem here.

Regards

steve
-Tony Iacoviello
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 16:47, Dannydoyle wrote:
Man I hate it when someone asks for advice and they get a comercial for a link to Royal... should be a rule against it.!

I'm sorry about that...lol I don't have any experience with other videos, and I like his explanation of the hand lock tests (sure as heck helped me out). lol I'll remember to not do that again.

Dan
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Howdoidisconnect:

I like it better when the hands are above the head, as it tires their arms rather quickly when they keep pushing upwards.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Wow....I just searched the Caf. and found out why Royle's frowned upon. Man...I have to do my research next time LOL.

Disregard that first post I made :-P.
MAGICofSeth
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of MAGICofSeth
I tell the subjects to really feel their fingers pressing against the backs of their hands. Pressing so hard, becoming like one, like on solid piece, one solid piece... I really emphasize the unity and pressing of fingers. Seems to work for me!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Royel is a salesman Dan sorry
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Some great advise, it is certainly helping

steve
-Tony Iacoviello
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
You don't give them any option other than success.

The more you try to pull your hands apart the tighter your fingers will become. You can try to pull your hands apart but you can't. Go ahead and try but you can't. Try is a psychological failure word. I have done this one to the point that participants hands were turning red they were so welded together. Make sure you use proper suggestion phrasing and you should be able to succeed as easily at this as any other pretest.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
MagicalPirate brings up some good points:
1.) There are negative and positive suggestions. "Always aim to make your suggestions positive."
and
2.) Coue's Law of Reversed Effort helps a great deal. Do some research and you can probably increase your success rate.

Thanks for that.