The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Gravity cell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DaniOrama
View Profile
New user
Berlin and Spain
5 Posts

Profile of DaniOrama
Hello

I'm working on some illusions and I always wonder if it would be possible to create a Gravity cell... Now the question is what the hell is a gravity cell?!

Well, with gravity cell I mean a way to create a force attracting a body to the ground to counteract the gravity effects if it is in an offbalance position... A kind of way to move the gravity center of an object or body that requires no special preparation with the enviroment...

I know, it sounds a bit silly, there is no way to create a great gravity force without a great weight... but maybe using electromagnetics or silent vacuum vents...

Thanks to everyone!
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Gyroscopes have often been used in science demonstrations to pull off some impossible looking balancing acts. But depending on the object and its size a gyroscope may become unreasonable. You may want to look into a way to connect your object somehow to its environment, without the audience being able to tell. That way you can achieve the same basic effect without all of the expensive, potentially dangerous, and hard-to-make-work science.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
DaniOrama
View Profile
New user
Berlin and Spain
5 Posts

Profile of DaniOrama
I thinked about Gyroscopes, but it's far to expensive and difficult for big objects... (I have a Powerball and I love it Smile)

I got to some conclusions but they require the use of cover and isostatic structures...

The problem of counterbalance your body with weights in Feet is that I don't think they would be able to support the momentum generated if your body is inclined or supported only by one toe...

Anyone knows well the working existing methods for vacuum and they working conditions? I heard something about soft silicon vent for specially difficult surfaces.

(Aaarg, all this stuff is very difficult to explain without drawings...)