The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Gene Anderson T&R Newspaper Tear DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I have the earlier VHS version.

Can any body tell me if the New DVD version is the same as the VHS.

The reason I am asking is:On the VHS version,during the instruction by Mr.Anderson there is some very annoying background music playing that is so distracting that it gave me an instant Migraine.(I am not joking.Whoever suggested this at 'Greater Magic' should be 'tarred and feathered'.)If they eliminated this on the DVD,I will surely purchase it.I hope someone can advise me.Thank-you.

Rich
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I haven't seen the original VHS, but I got the DVD the other day. There is music behind Gene's explanations, but it's not that loud (at least, it didn't bother me.)

I think they took the master of the VHS and put it onto DVD without re-editing it. So it may not help you.

Jeff
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Thanks Jeff,I think you answered my question.I just find it so hard to concentrate on what Mr.Anderson is saying with that dopey music playing.I think I'll take a couple of asprins and try again. Smile Thanks.

Rich
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Rich, before you buy the dvd, think about it if it could make sense for you to buy "pocket power" from Jarle Leirpoll.

I have both and must say "pocket power" is much better.
Why? I try to explain:
1) I was very disapointed to sell 30 euro for an explanation of one effect. The last time I did it was for quarter thru sodacan from criss angel. But this my fault because I thought, that I could see some effects more with newspaper.
2) The torn and restored newspaper effect has been changed into "the almost ultimative newspaper tear" and it is. It´s a combination of gene anderson´s T&R and of the water in newspaper (of course without any plastic bags inside)--great stuff
3) jarle explain some tricks more, so you recieve more for you money.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01