The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: What happened, was this... :: Neighbors (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
For the past month my neighbors have wanted me to do some magic for them. they are all into it and love it and remember when I was just a little kid and ... they've heard all these things about the magic and now they want to see it they are all excited. a couple days ago I had the time so I called them up to see if they wanted me to come over and just do a little bit. SURE they said, we are all excited we can't wait, come on over.

I come over with a deck and coins.

No expression.
No smile or laughs at jokes.
I am doing matrixes and they are just sitting there doing nothing. no chin drop, no gasps, no wide eyes--nothing!

I wrapped up as quickly as I could and got out of there after about 10 tricks.

they better have just told each other that they wanted a divorce or something because I think that is incredibly rude to be completely excited and ask someone to come over and all that stuff only to have no responce what so ever and do nothing.

some people when amazed by great magic are speechless. I understand that. but is obvious that they are and that they are amazed. these people were like zombies.

Very disappointing. I can understand if they didn't ask me to do magic, they didn't tell me they wanted to see magic, they weren't expecting magic or something like that but to lie and say "ooo I can't wait come over I really want to see this magic..!"

grown ups these days.
Sorry, 'needed to vent.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I would have stopped after the first trick getting no response.
Doing ten with that "audience" is torture.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2479 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"A magician is a guy who asks if you like card tricks, and when you say 'no' he does three or four."

Seriously, there must have been something unspoken going on - they would have been more gracious to say 'we'd love it, but this isn't a good time."
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Stinkfist
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Stinkfist
I did healed and sealed for my neighbor once. he couldn't believe it.
after the trick I set the can down on my car.he than said "ooohhhh...that's the can you switched in" he didn't make any sense at all. I still can't figure out why he came to that solution.