The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Garbage can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JoRrE
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JoRrE
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and I would know or there is an illusion with a garbage can. Is there someone of you that know or this exist?

I would make an act with it...

Thanks,...
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
Owen magic had a garbage can illusion. and Billy Diamond has a garbage can duck bucket.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Are you referring to the Trash Can vanish Chris Angel perfomed on his series?
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
JoRrE
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JoRrE
Quote:
On 2006-01-05 15:27, djbilan wrote:
Are you referring to the Trash Can vanish Chris Angel perfomed on his series?
First thanks a lot!!!

No, I'm not referring to the Trash Can of Chris Angel. I will do an act with things that normally is placed on street. Like a bench, a lantern and a trash can, I will do an act juste like on street, but than on stage.

That is wath I will do.
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
I have seen a custom snow animator from Kevin James that was rigged into a giant metal trash can. You could do it with a lightening storm load at the end of the act as if it is raining and storming. With the right lighting and sound effects who knows. Maybe that's a bad idea just the first thought that came to my mind, but anywho I beleive it was custom but you could give him a call...

Just a thought,

Jared
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Sure, you could make an illusion with a garbage can...but the question is, what it is that you want to do? A vanish? An appearence? What function does the trash can serve?

Of course you could do a manipulation routine and use the trashcan as a table to put your props in.

There's a lot of talented people here who are willing to help but your question a bit vague. Maybe you could be a bit more spesific..?
Sent from my Typewriter
JoRrE
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JoRrE
Well, first of all, on the trash must be a poster. The trash must do a colorchange or the poster change in a picture or poster of the magician (me: Jorre).

Than I would do an appearence of a radio. Maybe on this way :http://www.conjuror.com/magicstore/catalog/RadioSurpriseDeluxe.html out of the trash.

I do not manipulations, I will do an act with ropes...
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1229 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I think the Owen routine was a Monte type routine with 3 cans and a showgirl or something like that. I have an old Owens catalog somewhere with the picture. I will try and dig it out.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Square circle with a waste basket and trash can? Trash can could be one of the mesh types like they use for litter in some city parks... Patter could be how the city has a new way of disposing of its trash. All homes have bottomless cans. This has made it difficult for trash pickers... except for magicians. Of course, their trash picking has magical results.

Just a thought...
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
JoRrE
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JoRrE
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have made a trash can botania. The trash can is made with expanded metal so you can see through the sides. You do the whole manip. act ditching the prop into the trash can. At the end you lift up the can and there is a big botania.

Yes Owen's made a three can monte. Harry Blackstone performs it on his dvd that is available.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2206 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I do a stage version of the cups and balls using trashcans and blackart. Final load is 3 human assistants. I've seen one version of the milkcan escape done with a trashcan at the state fair in Fla about 12 years ago. There are a lot of effects that can be created around trash cans.

Jake
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
Jared Sherlock mentioned seeing a snow animator built into a trash can. He may be speaking of the unit that was on magic auction awhile back. I bought it from there about 6 months ago. The person I bought it from said that it was custom built by Kevin James, and Kevin James told me in an email that he had indeed custom built a snow animator into a garbage can. I don't know if the unit I have is in fact the unit built be Kevin, but it does have Kevins instructions with it. (I personally believe it is an official KJ product).

Anyway, my point here is if you (or anyone) is interested I am going to be putting this unit back onto magic auction, if you are interested or want any details please PM me.

After using the animator in about a dozen shows, I have decided that the original version would suit me better (the one in the stool). But if anyone could fit the trash can version into their presentation, then this is perfect.

scott
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
If it is the one covered in a grafiti of sorts then that's the one.

Jared
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
That's the one...