The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Mysterious Mindings to Mind Mysteries Too (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MikeMoLang
View Profile
New user
Ontario
23 Posts

Profile of MikeMoLang
Mormonyoyoman,

OK, I can indeed explain the weaknesses that my wife and daughter found in Design Duplication (the saem features that R.O. explains as part of the secret to the effect), but first I have to ask a favor... I have to believe that there is a way to set one's preferences such that whenever someone responds to their post, they will get notified... How does one do that?

Now, to answer your question... Both the wife and daughter pointed out that due to the proceedings of the effect, meaning the manner in which a person is directed to select the subject upon which to create the drawing (still trying to find my boundaries between healthy discussion, and exposing effects), that the art of duplicating the design is significnatly less phantastic. If you need more, PM me.

They both came to this conclusion separately... "Hey, there are only so many...."

The boys, (younger, and boys...) both said, "Great! Next!"

One last note: I am being CRITICAL. I am looking to find the best, and separate it from that which is NOT THE BEST. All that said, to date, after about 35 to 40 years of doing magic, I have never been more delighted than I have been with the work of Richard Osterlind, especially Mind Mysteries 1 - 4. The man, quite simply, is a genius. I wish I could get in touch with him someday to tell him what his work has meant to me.

Mike
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi Michael,

Mr. Osterlind's web site address is in his profile if you want to send him a
message.
You can go to the first page of this thread and click on his picture and it
will come up.

Sixten
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Mike, to tell the truth, I've never had anyone think of that as a weakness (i.e. - that the selection is of a finite number) nor have I ever tried to disguise the fact. I don't know if this is a presentation thing or if this is something seen differently if one is predisposed (as is my wife) to seeing these things as puzzles to be solved.

I will say that, like most of Richard's work, if you don't have great confidence in the effect, don't try it. Several folks who use ODDS have told me they've never faced this concern, so it may be that the women in your family are genius-level.

As to Richard seeing your sentiments, I'll copy your post to him (with your approval) if you can't reach him via http://www.osterlindmysteries.com

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
I consider myself a big R.O supporter also but I recently ordered his 'No camera tricks' dvd set and even though I make review and topic researches on magic Café before buying anything, I couldn't find a lot about his last set,just one review,is that because its really not -that- good or not so many people got it?

There are tons of topics and comments about his MM series and nearly all of them are positive so that made me curious.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
No Camera Tricks is just as great at his other videos, and you will find that most of the effects are true gems.

Even though I have performed Seafire Sequence and Acid Test, it was worth the price of the set alone to see Richard do them.

Other of my favorites here, is Zodiac Revelation, Richardwave, Rubic's Cube, 20 card.....Oh well, they all are my favorites! Smile

The bonus video is also wonderful.
Not all Hypnotism performances are performed with class and taste (actually just a fraction, - if as much as that!)
Well, the Richard way of doing it is that, - with class and taste.

No Camera Tricks is absolutely recommended and more than worth your money.
It's something for everyone here, no matter what you look for.

Sven
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
And you didn't mention pegasus page at all? I thought it was everyones top favorite from that set.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2009-02-16 13:00, daghank wrote:
And you didn't mention pegasus page at all? I thought it was everyones top favorite from that set.

Please read my post again! Smile
Quote:
Oh well, they all are my favorites! Smile
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
And may I complain that he (once again) revealed more than I wanted him to, re: Steno***? Dagnabbit, he should've kept that one quietly in print.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
MikeMoLang
View Profile
New user
Ontario
23 Posts

Profile of MikeMoLang
Mormonyoyoman: In accept the fact that you have never had anyone think of that as a weakness (i.e. - that the selection is of a finite number), however, this was both the wife's and daughters imrpession from watching the performance only pportion of the video. Guess I may live with a tough audience.

I have to beleive that there is someway to be alerted when a forum topic gets updated... How do you do it?

Thanks,
Mike
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Unfortunately, on the Magic Caffeine, there is no way to be alerted when a forum topic gets a new post. Unless you are the person who BEGAN the topic. Crazy, isn't it?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
MikeMoLang
View Profile
New user
Ontario
23 Posts

Profile of MikeMoLang
Truly amazing. I responded to a post from 2006. It was started by you, so I see how you got alerted, but how did all of those other people find us!

There are too many "red coffee cups" on the main page to sift through.
Mike
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2009-02-17 17:49, MikeMoLang wrote:
Truly amazing. I responded to a post from 2006. It was started by you, so I see how you got alerted, but how did all of those other people find us!

Just lucky, I guess. Or they keep an eye on this thread to see when a new comment is added.

*jeep!
--your kindly Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Some dvd s never get old so there are still people around using the search button to find osterlind mysteries Smile