The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove cage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Can someone point me to an affordable Dove Cage? I am looking for a dove cage that acts like a dove tray. I have found several versions of Fire to Doves, but the price range tends to be around $450.

I no longer want to clip my doves wings, and I will now need a cage to produce them in.

Any other semi-affordable ideas will be welcomed. I also own The Encyclopedia of Dove Magic, which gives great care advice.

thanx
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Smoke & Mirrors,

Email me and I'll tell you how I handle the problem. I never clip dove wings.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Bob@MagicBySander.com
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I made the first dove production cage for Rick Thomas. They are not cheap. I would stay away from fire as it presents too many problems in performance venues thess days. My unit has an electronic flash build in that flashes when the bird comes out.

The easiest way to cover it the problem of flying and still use the dove tray is to make a box out of plexiglass (with holes) or a barred cage to go around it .

You can get more information on my cage on my website. Email if you need more information.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
How did you solve your problem?

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Quote:
On 2005-11-24 00:49, Bob Sanders wrote:
Smoke & Mirrors,

Email me and I'll tell you how I handle the problem. I never clip dove wings.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Bob@MagicBySander.com

I also agree with Bob, I never clip my doves wings, I can also help you with dove Ideas, let me know by e-mail
all the best,

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I made something similar... It's a dove tray with a plexi-cage build over it... I made it so you can perform with or without the plexi-glass cage on it. It still sits in the bedroom without being finished... I need to have a spring hinge made so I can finish it... Any ideas?

Bryan
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bryan,

Go to a builders' supply and ask to see the spring hinges for a laundry chute door. (They just look funny at you when you tell them it is for a magic prop.) You will be pleasantly surprised at the varieties available.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

(I recommend that you install them with Chicago screws to avoid cracking the Plexi-Glas.)
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
BAN
View Profile
New user
NJ
26 Posts

Profile of BAN
Wait, how does air circulate thru a plexiglass cage?
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
How long are you going to leave the doves in the trick?
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Quote:
On 2006-01-29 20:36, BAN wrote:
Wait, how does air circulate thru a plexiglass cage?

Air Holes.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I have air holes drilled in the top of the cage...

Bob.. luckily, the trap itself isn't plexi-glass, so I'll be able to pop-rivet the hinge in place... thanks for the gret idea. I've never thought of a laundry chute door hinge! I wonder if Rockler carries them...

The dove will be in there no more than 2-4 minutes... The whole underside of the tray has airholes drilled into it as well.

Bryan
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2006-02-02 11:54, SteelLuvMagic wrote:

Bob.. luckily, the trap itself isn't plexi-glass, so I'll be able to pop-rivet the hinge in place... thanks for the gret idea. I've never thought of a laundry chute door hinge! I wonder if Rockler carries them...

The dove will be in there no more than 2-4 minutes... The whole underside of the tray has airholes drilled into it as well.

Bryan

Bryan so many good magic supply houses have mislabeled their stores: Lowes, WalMart, Big Lots, Dollar Tree. It really makes you wonder!

It sounds to me like you have this project licked.

Keep us posted.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com