The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Icarus Effect Angle Sensitive? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
It would depend, I suppose, on whether the secrets are yours or theirs to expose.

If the secrets are not public domain, or they are not your invention, then exposing methods in a public forum, even a Magic-oriented one is generally not accepted behaviour, no matter who is doing it.

If a famous person does something silly or bad or wrong, it is still silly/bad/wrong.

-entity
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I've never seen Copperfield or Burton give away magic for free. Sure, Lance Burton sells magic kits with his name on it for kids, and Copperfield has his Project Magic which uses simple tricks to help patients regain some dexterity. But these two examples can't compare to some kid exposing secrets on a Forum, especially when they want the secrets so they can make the trick themselves.
Corey King
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Coey K, at least you could have done is some research into the topic at hand before commenting..... have a look at this site:
http://www.lanceburton.com/learn/index.html

I am sure you will be amazed at what links he's got going on!

David Copperfield is giving away something called Pen-A-Tration on his site.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
"Can the Icarus Effect be done surrounded? Can it be viewed from the sides? It seems from the demo that its best done on 1 or 2 people standing directly in front."

Sorry but this is such an annoying question. Anyone with even the slightest amount of magical knowledge (or someone that spend 2 minutes searching on these forums) will know the answer.