The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: A Tribute to Wayne Houchin's *Quarter to can* routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
1nOnly
View Profile
New user
Southern California (way south)
25 Posts

Profile of 1nOnly
Stay with me, now, makeupguy, the idea of have a spec (or mark) get you a soda with a dollar is not so far fetched. If you get a soda from somewhere, then maybe that can that you get it "fixed". If they get the can for you and give you the change (quarter signed already, of course) then it makes things all the more fair. It's not a matter of being lazy, it's a matter of making the effect all the more unbelievable.

"Here, let's try something I think you'll like. Here's a dollar, and instead of using one of these diet cokes, could you get me one out of that coke machine there? Yeah, coke or diet coke, but I like the taste of diet coke better. Yeah...any of the diet coke buttons, it doesn't matter. Cool.....now take one of the quarters from the change and...here, with this marker, sign it. Put your initials, my initials....in fact, put your favorit cousin's initials. Or better yet, a best friend's initials from when you were real young."

and go from there....
Above all, remember this one thing. Don't tell them anything about how it's done. Theym really don't want to know.
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
For those who bought this great trick, where did you get it (for non US residents), as I saw it unavailable on different magic sites ?
Smile Smile Smile
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Quote:
On 2006-02-10 14:34, 1nOnly wrote:

If you follow up some kind of dollar bill routine with this and have a soda machine nearby. Just have the spec put the dollar into the machine. Have them choose an appropriate can of soda and use the change from the machine to complete the effect. Most soda machines take dollars and have drinks costing less than .75, ensuring a quarter in return.

Ooooo! This is a BRILLIANT Idea!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Why don't you practice with Ice Tea Cans or Perrier Cans? We have no Coke, Sprite cans here in Malta.
Yours,

Ivan
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Mago Gregorio I got it from penguin with free sipping. I can't wait for this.

I suddenly (don't know how, I did not read the posts here or anything) got a great urge to get this. It looks so great!!!!

Are there any other impromptu effects that are so good?

I eagerly await Stigmata now. I doubt it's as impromptu as this.
Yours,

Ivan