The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: Johnny Ace Palmer Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
clowngrass
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of clowngrass
The local SAM #248 in Phoenix, Arizona had the award winning Magician Johnny Ace Palmer give a lecture last night. He is an incredible performer and won the most prestigious awards of magic before he was 30. He did his fantastic and funny 10 minute award winning FISM show. yes, with the live chick as the finally of Cups and Balls... and for the fianl finally a dove then one dove to two doves. Holy Cow!!!

The lecture he gave was complete, interesting and thorough and we all wished we had more then the 3 hours he spent with us. He broke the lecture into 3 parts:
1) Developing an award winning act
This consisted of:
a) Attitude
b) Style
c) Material
d) Time
e) Trim the excess
f) Standing ovation technque
g) Practice Technques
h) Practice Technques-The Next Level

2) Principle & Concepts
Consisting of:
a) Classic Misdirection
b) "Off-Beat" misdirection
c) The X-effect
d) Series of three
e) Respect
f) Salad Bar Magic
g) Audience Participation
h) One Ahead

3)Original& Favorite Effects

This part was cut short since our members had many questions which Johnny Ace Palmer kindly answered in detail. If anyone wants some details of any of the parts I'll be glad to try to explain what my mind remembers. Also I would highly recommend seeing one of his lectures or asking him to lecture as you will not be disappointed and most likely you will be not only inspired but walk away with new vital learnings for your craft.
Besides being a Master Magician he is an unusally nice person. I asked if his videos and lecture notes are available after tonight. He asked me if they (the magic store the lecture was held at) ran out and I said I ran out of money and he compassionately said Take them and mail me a check. Wow!
Do yourself a favor and pick these items up!! Johnny Ace Palmer is one of a kind and one of the best!!!
I Try
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Thank you for sharing. It was interesting to see what he lectured on!

John
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I went to his lecture, and it was fantastic. All the stuff he talks about applies to just about anything, not just magic. It was really insightful.

Oh, and I really enjoyed his C&B routine.

Did he do his Q cards with the Notes on the back? I used that line for a presentation the other day.
clowngrass
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of clowngrass
Yes, he did the Q cards with the notes and then used the Q cards for his "notes." I enjoyed his,how can I describe, laid back humor. He's also very quick on his feet, a sharp thinker.

His teachings on misdirection are amazing; especially The X-effect.
It's like sleight of hand right in front of your eyes, in plain site and yet you miss it until the "effect".
I Try
Canadian Guy
View Profile
Regular user
California
149 Posts

Profile of Canadian Guy
He is one of the best magicians currently working! His FISM act is flawless!!
I'm glad you all liked the lecture!!!