The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Your transport - lettered, unlettered, showy or basic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Over the years we have had Estate cars, saloons, vans etc. One entertainer in the North West of England has a VW Sharan absolutely covered from top to bottom in rabbits, punch and judy pictures, lettering and artwork! I personally would not even like to use this at night in some areas! The most we have ever had were two Ford vans with business name and phone number on. Currently we use two medium sized 4x4s (SUV's) unlettered, though use lettered spare wheel covers sometimes. What's your style on the road, exhibitionist/advertiser or anonymous? Also, do you think using a TOO expensive vehicle for kid's parties has a positive or negative effect on parents? - Interesting topic? - Tony. Smile
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
My car has always been anonymous except for my personalised number plate MADJIK. I drive a Honda Prelude. I think your advertising dollar would be far better spent on good business cards or fridge magnets.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Don't know if still owned by, but MAG 1C in UK was non other than Paul Daniels' plate for a while. There are illegal spacing laws here now. We just have a classic 1950s plate on one of our cars. There is another entertainer locally who has side graphics on his car and his business name which of course I dare not mention, but his name refers to his diminuitive size. So I guess this draws attention not only to what he does but to his size! The point I'm making is that when I'm not working I am just a shopper or caravanner, or probably some 'miserable middle aged so and so in a 4x4' hogging the road to some people! Do I want to be an 'entertainer' everytime I drive? Not really. I feel there are situations these days on busy highways where visibly being a kid's entertainer could brand you as being 'soft' should arguments occur. This can also happen you know with neighbours (some who probably resent your short working hours anyway). I had a disagreeable doctor living next door to me who I blocked plans on a building extension and had said to me: "I'm a doctor - what are you? some sort of clown!!" My reply was "what am I? - about £XX,XXX a year!!" (1993ish) - this visibly shook him! I have also opened my driver's door of a fully loaded car at 10.30 a.m. on a Saturday morning and said to one neighbour: "there you are, here are the keys - let's see you do what we do, and last more than 10 minutes!" Smile
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
I have no advertising on my car at all for many of the same reasons as Ace parties. who I am sure will agree that some who consider themselves upmarket families would not like it in their drive/parking area. I know someone who was asked to park down the road around the corner because of car advertising!
Phillip
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
I have once been requested (as were a whole group of parents) to move my car off a large 'kosher' driveway as the guy only wanted people to see his Rolls Royce outside his front door. Don't think my patience would quite stand up to that nowadays. Smile
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
My car has a tag reading "BALOONZ", my other car (the van) reads "MAJISHN", and the other car (Ford Probe): "MAGIC4U". That's about as creative as I get. No other signage.

Steve Thomas