The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: Buying from abroad? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5207 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
My experience from buying magic stuff from abroad is very good. In this case it will be reversed, because I live in sweden. I have ordered many things from dealers mostly in USA. I pay directly with my Credit Card. Works fine. The shipping rates are very nice, even when you choice airmail. I remember my first order from abroad, about 1982. Then I paid with a international check that I mailed insured.
It took about 7 weeks to get this product.
I ordered some magic DVDs from Meir Yedid in the beginning of this year. That was the speediest delivery in my lifetime, 5 days from ordering to my mailbox, wow.
I know many magicians in sweden are very sceptic to order with credit card, they are afraid of fraud.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
I know many magicians in sweden are very sceptic to order with credit card, they are afraid of fraud.

The truth is, more credit card fraud comes from paying for fuel or paying for food in restaurants than over the internet. Cards are scanned and cloned or numbers taken from credit slips. Never let your card out of your sight in these scenarios.

Paul.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5207 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Thats correct, I have never been in trouble when using my credit card over Internet. But in real life I had problems with fraud with my credit card, especially in poor countries! I think if you order something from a wellknown company the risk is minimal from problems. The worst thing I can think of is that your ordered parcel is lost in the postal transportation system.
dekkeret
View Profile
New user
Paris
54 Posts

Profile of dekkeret
I live in France and regulary buy stuff from States or UK, with credit card or paypal.
For magic dealers here, to prevent problems with french post office, beware to write the address EXACTLY as french post office wants:

name
street
zip_code town
FRANCE

Hope that helps,
Olivier
"I can only show you the door, you're the one who has to walk through it."
Morpheus to Neo in "The Matrix"