The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: V Shaped finger ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kirko
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of kirko
I remember seeing these at Toledo's Conjurors Convention last year. Daytona magic was the dealer. You can buy them here http://www.daytonamagic.com/Accessories/......%20RINGS
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
The ring has been associated with magic for a long time. The ring is purposely designed so that if it's cut at any of its vertices the ring will form an "M" for magician or a "W" for wizard.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
The thing about Daytona is that I don't see a slot for ring sizes. And I don't know if he would ship to APO.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Paisa:

Don't you want a toe ring? I thought you ran out of fingers with the Wizard PK ring.

Tony
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL not yet. I have 8 left to fill but if I get this, all I will need is ONE thumb ring and I will be good. wedding ring on left, Wizard on right third finger and the V ring on either pointer or middle. PLease help guys who is the most reliable?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
What happened to Subterfuge?
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
This is quite an interesting thread. While not the rings you all speak of...

Check this out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANCIENT-ROMAN-MAGICI......ohosting
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I switch between the two Tony. OK well I am going to make a purchase today from somewhere I don't know. So these are the two site to go from? Does anyone know of any others?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yours,

Ivan
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Gorgeous unfortunately to small for me. I e-mailed Daytona about3 days ago and still have not received any info from them.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I received one from my father as a graduation present from high school. Being that he was a magician, I assume that he was following the above mentioned tradition which, ironically, I had never heard until I read this thread.

The only other info I have is that I've always heard of them referred to as "m" rings and that mine was designed by a jewler in Cincinnati for Haines House of Cards. Someone gave me a little history on the ring at a convention (I want to say it was abb dickson) telling me that the ring design originated hundreds of years ago in England as a way for magicians to identify one another secretly.

I've also heard rumors that the best "m" rings are made of pure elvish gold.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
The Ring you are looking for can be found a BJW Magical Jewelers. If you want more info PM me and I will send it to you. I just received mine on 5/09/06 and it is very nice and inexpensive ($70.00 with shipping) this is for silver.
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.