The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: 4 cards in one! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magic123454321
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magic123454321
Its four cards in one its the ultimate trick card lol but it can't be examined. Ask questions if you want....
The way it works is really cool. The card could be like 100 cards in one but it would be super hard to make on my own. I would need it to be professionaly made.
It's like an actual card its not like the card with a bunch of cards drawn on it.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27303 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What specifically are you asking for?

What specifically would you like from others?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Is this a single, flat, card that can appear as different cards every time you show it? That gimmick isn't hard to make, except for the flat part. Please clarify what it is, it sounds interesting.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
magic123454321
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Should I just say the secret cause were all magicians here.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
If you choose to share it, then put up a post in secret sessions (once you have 50 posts). This has caught my interest for sure! Or you could PM it to anyone interested. Just a thought.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
zallen
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of zallen
YOu can share the method if you wish, but at the very least it would be nice if you could clarify your original posting a bit so that we might have a better idea of what you are talking about.
magic123454321
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Alright the card looks like a normal card but you can change it whenever you want with a really easy thing. It's a gimmicked card and can't be inspected. You could make it able to change into any 52 card if you want but it would be hard to make.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27303 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Most of the time we don't worry about things getting inspected. A good switch after the fact takes care of such things.

Any chance you would go into some more detail about the EFFECT ( how it looks to an audience ) that your gimmick allows? If you have found a new way to change cards or a new way to handle a known gimmick, folks will be impressed.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magic123454321
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Ok well its just a gimmicked card with millions of routines that you could do with it. The actual change is like this. You have the card and you put your hand like 4 inches away from it and put your hand down slowly and as your hand goes down the card visually changes. When your hand is in the middle you can see both cards-half of the first card and half of the new card wich the old one is turning into. Maybe I should get a video. Do you think I should just get a video?
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Yeah... let's see a video of it. That will make it easier for us to understand exactly what you're trying to describe. Which will also help us give you pointers on it if needed. And who knows... it may look so good that we'll be begging you to make one for us! A nice way to make some $$$!

Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
The idea of changing a card to any one of 52 cards was in an issue of Sphinx, Magic Wand or other magazine. 52 cards are liked in a chain fashion. The problem was the thickness.

Maybe you can do this effect with laser beam shot on a blank card.

Although changing a card to named card seems to be difficult to realize, a color change of bottom card to a named card is not difficult.

Hideo Kato
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Any word on this?
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Looks like we may have lost him....

GarySumpter