The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Seeing is believing :: Mirage mirrors (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Hologram

If you have never seen one of these 3d holograms, you have never seen real magic. They are incredible ^__^

Davide
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
I remember an arcade game that used this idea. They projected the game image onto the reflector and it looked just like a 3D hologram.

I'm amased it didn't catch on. These things are incredible.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Yeh that game was called holosseum. I remember it too, it's probably different technology though.

The one Davide mentions you can sort of put any small object in there, I don't think that one looks incredibly real though, you also have to be at the perfect angle. Visit a science centre or Believe it or not and you will ususally see a really good hologram.
dlhoyt
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of dlhoyt
This device is not really a hologram. The image is produced by reflection from curved surfaces. A hologram is based on a different principle.
hitmouse
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of hitmouse
There is are some fantastic large scale versions of these at Vancouver science world.
hitmouse
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of hitmouse
Aint my grammar fine this afternoon.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
One that could fit a human would be pretty cool.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
I have two of these mirage mirrors and I converted both to two simple routines. These routines are obviously very similar, and so if I do one, I do not do the other one.

1 Routine - I use the big mirage mirror)
I put a plastic frog near the top hole, and a smaller plastic frog inside the mirage prop: the plastic frog outside is bigger, but it has perfectly the same dimension of the reflection (mirage) of the other frog, which is actually smaller. With a magician choice, I force the frog inside (mirage frog), then I say: "Give it to me, please!"

2 Routine - I use the small mirage prop)
At first I show a dice inside a small rubber band and I say: "As you see, it's rather easy to pick up the dice WITHOUT touching the rubber band, if the dice and the rubber band are big enough... BUT (and now I take out the mirage prop, which has inside a small rubber band with a very small white dice!) it's not so easy doing that with smaller items! Pick up the dice, if you can, without touching the rubber band!" And people really concentrate and try to pick up the dice without touching the rubber around it... but they cannot touch either of those!

Hope these ideas are not so stupid... Smile