The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Multiplying balls - any dvds for this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Well I know your basic moves for multipluing balls and there are some pages on it in a Now You See It Now You Don't book I own. I was wondering if there are any dvds out there on the topic. Or if there are any good ones. Cause I am waiting for an order of multiplying golf balls to come in and wanted to know if there are any videos on the topic to help me along the way.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Try to get one of these:
- Multiplying Balls DVD by Tim Wright
- World Class Manipulations by Jeff McBride
- Shimada Volume 3 DVD.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I believe Penguin Magic has one too.
There is also a dvd on ball manipulation which is pretty cool. Teaches you a lot of moves you could incorperate into your routine.

Derek Merdinyan
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Tim Wright's routine is the best I've ever seen.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
I agree with the advice given so far - when I started many years ago, I just bought a set of balls, played about with them and decided what I thought was a good move and what was a bad move - how times have changed!!

Best of,

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
ddennis
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ddennis
Geoffrey Buckingham, one of the finest-ever British ball/thimble manipulators, presents his entire act on his self - titled dvd. Easily obtainable by googling his name for plenty of sources world wide. He rather ironically performed for magicians in his heyday (1950's/1960's)under the by-line "It's Easier than You Think." I have his charmig lecture notes signed by the maestro himself - he was to billiard balls whatCardini was to the pasteboards, but minus the tipsy whimsy.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Just got Romaine's DVD and it is very good for billard balls.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Dear DDennis:

Your point about the late Geoffrey Buckingham and his wonderful lecture video is well taken.

But, I hope that some of the younger readers of your post aren’t given the mistaken impression that Cardini was only a master of card manipulations (perhaps some magicians might be led to this false conclusion because of the scarcity of information and video of Cardini’s multiplying billiard ball routine).

Therefore, I would like to remind some of my fellow magicians that amongst the manipulative cognoscenti, there is pretty much a consensus opinion that Cardini was quite possibly the finest Card, Cigarette and Billiard Ball manipulator who ever walked the earth.

Best regards,
Levent
CJ Daniel
View Profile
New user
Uk, Hastings
4 Posts

Profile of CJ Daniel
Quote:
On 2005-10-09 10:35, DerekMerdinyan wrote:
I believe Penguin Magic has one too.
There is also a dvd on ball manipulation which is pretty cool. Teaches you a lot of moves you could incorperate into your routine.

Derek Merdinyan

What is this ball manipulation DVD, anyone have more info on that?