The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Illusionarium - by Peter Loughran :: Beer Cap Prediction-free (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi All, sorry I have been soooo busy lately that I have not been able to post any new articles recently. Will have some more time to do so next week.

In the mean time, I wanted to share something with you. We have a beer here in Canada called Labatts Blue and sometime ago in mid-summer it was running some sort of poker promotion. The cap looks normal in every way except on the inside of the cap is a corner of a playing card showing the number and the pip in bold black ink.

It is printed under the seal of the cap. I don't think the promotion is running anymore, however I was able to collect a few dozen of these. For me it would obviously be easy to replace the cap on any Labatts Blue beer bottle to use in a prediction effect where the card appears printed under the cap. However I don't think it would be too difficult to paint the cap a different colour to match an existing beer in your Country. I do know that Labatts Blue is sold all over Canada, and in some parts of the US. I know it is sold in places like NY, Buffalo, Detroit, etc., I also saw it in Hawaii when I was there a few years ago. You just have to look for it.

I only tried this a couple of times myself, and here is what I did: I used some yellow chalk to cover the card under the cap. I made sure the bottle wasn't tiped so the chalk didn't wash away when the cap was replaced. I forced a card, then had them open the bottle of beer, quickly showed them the underside to be blank(since the chalk was covering the card), I asked them to concentrate on their card, slowly took my thumb and rubbed the inside of the cap where the name of the chosen card slowly materialized. It went over great, and I let them keep the cap as a souvenier.

Anyway, I have quite a few of these as extras, and would be more than happy to send one to anyone who wants one. All I need is a self addressed and stamped envelope, and you can send it to: Master of Illusions Entertainment, 916 Attersley Dr., Oshawa, Ont., Canada, L1K 1V6

Keep in mind It will be a first come first serve basis. Once they're gone, they are gone.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Ok, I just tried something different with these tonight for the pure sake of doing so (to see if these are of value to those that do not have this brand of beer).

Earlier today I simply sprayed the cap gold(a universal color used on the EDGES on many caps such as budweiser-although I will admit this color was pre-planed since I was out to buy a case of Bud).

All I did was classic palm to switch it out and it killed again this time with their own brand, and own bottle. However Im not going to lie to you, it did come from the same case of beer that I brought to the house I was at(while watching the Dallas Cowboys slaughter the Eagles today on our Canadian Thanksgiving Smile )But that was a fluke, and made no difference on the reaction of the specator(family member who was starting to feel pretty good, but that's beside the point)! It killed again.

All they could see is the apparent golden budwieser edges as I held it between my fingers. But ofcourse they weren't even looking at these details, only I was just to get a kick out of how real the effect was looking at this point, all my spectator was looking at, was their chosen card slowly materializing before them under their apparent bottle cap...! The cap could have been bright orange and I don't think it would have made a difference~magic sure is fun sometimes! And sometimes just a little too easy!

Anyway, some might not see the potential in the simplicity of the effect but for some weird reason, as their chosen card materializes under their own cap, they just seem to freak out, I guess because they have never seen a card trick like that before(well they have but they just don't realize it because it is a beer cap instead of a -insert favourite method here-). Anyway if you're bored and are over 19/21 then it might play well for you, it has for me!

I will let you all know when Im running low on these as to not waste your time.

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving from Canada!

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hey All, I had a rush of these go out, and then I stopped recieving the self addressed envelopes, I just wanted to let everyone know I still have about 6 or so left. If you would like one, pm me, and I'll hold them for the first 6 people. That way you are not sending an envelope for nothing.

Best,

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

All gone.

Hope you enjoy them, and thanks to all for the great feedback and emails.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com