The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Headline predictions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
What is a good reference for a headline prediction?
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Check out Ted Lesley's in "Paramiracles." Also, Robert Nelson has a bunch of material on the subject in his book, "Super Prediction Tricks." Another, very inexpensive, source with a great routine is Thompson & Rutledge's "Between Two Minds."
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
<nudging Scott, speaking under breath>

Ixnay on the ecommendation of BTTM-ay, I wanna keep that for myself!

Seriously, there's some great stuff in that book (also some stuff I'd never use, but for the price, it's a bargain).
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
Thanks. I'm assuming that's different from "Between Two Minds Too," which I see advertised?
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
There is a new version & an old version, I have the old one. From what I understand, many prefer the older book.

Smile
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Not quite correct... there is an original and a sequel. We're talking about the original Between Two Minds. I've heard less than stellar reviews of the sequel.

The original was by Thompson and Rutlege, the second one was by, IIRC, Thompson and somebody else (I can't for the life of me remember who).

Andy Leviss

Check out my new book for mentalists, Ramblings and Revelations (and other products for magicians and mentalists) at:

http://www.asquaredproductions.com
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Sorry, Andy. The new one is by RUTLEDGE and someone else, as JG Thompson has been dead for quite some time.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Well, I have Between Two Minds and the sequel, Between Two Minds Too, and in my opinion the first is a fine and worthy addition to any mentalist's library while the second is far inferior in every respect. But that's just my 1 cent's worth.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
[quote]
On 2002-01-05 00:06, Andy Leviss wrote:

Not quite correct... there is an original and a sequel. We're talking about the original Between Two Minds. I've heard less than stellar reviews of the sequel.

A new one & an old one, I do believe that is correct. I just don't think many knew that there was a difference between the two.

Smile

Thanx,

Ichazod

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Ichazod@hotmail.com
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Ichazod,

Gotcha -- I wouldn't be living up to my reputation as a nitpicker if I didn't point that out, LOL. Smile Seriously, though, I wasn't sure if that's what you meant or if you were saying that one was an updated version.

Scott,

You're right, I was going from memory and pulled out the wrong name, duh! Figures that my correction would get corrected, LOL. Smile

Andy Leviss

Check out my new book for mentalists, Ramblings and Revelations (and other products for magicians and mentalists) at:

http://www.asquaredproductions.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Andy is right, the PRESENTATION for the headline prediction in Between Two Minds is very good, and can be picked up for less than half the price of the sequel. In the U.K. I stock both. Walter Pharr wrote the sequal, given the nod from Ned Rutledge who put some stuff in there and wrote the introduction. I believe he died just before it was actually released.

The first is better value but I wouldn't dismiss the second, Rutledge's stuff is always worthy of study.

Paul Hallas
crossroader
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of crossroader
You can find a clean headline prediction

in Binarelli's new book "My way to mentalism". Lee Earle has also published a

clever headline prediction in "Melagne a trois" under the name "Photo Finale". I also

suggest "Another book" by Karell Fox. Finally

"Breakthrough" by Al Mann.

Ted Lesley's book is excellent and you could

find many interesting effects besides his

h.p.

Christos
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Paul

Will you have a stand at Blackpool (name if different) and if so will you have a copy of BTM (first one)

Joe Smile
Mandrake
View Profile
New user
Germany
66 Posts

Profile of Mandrake
Hey, I do an impromptu newspapaer test that I learned some months ago... I'll come up with the correct name and the inventor in an edit soon.

You present a newspaper cutout, displaying the headline and a column of text. Next you bring out a pair of scissors and move them up and down over the paper, tell the spec to call STOP. At Stop, you cut the paper off at the point the scissors are: the piece an the floor is to pick up by the spec and to be read silently. You instantly quote the first full sentences of the piece.

To my opinion It's cool because it is fast.
Greets Mandrake
the truth "lies" in the eye of the beholder
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Mandrake, it's in Loraynes The Magic Book but I'm pretty sure I've seen it in other places too. I'm also pretty sure it's not Loraynes original bit.(...but I am sure I would not classify this as a Headline Predicition, but it is a nice trick.)
Alex Reeve
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Alex Reeve
If you don't have "between two minds", you can also find the Thompson version of the headline prediction in his book "The miracle makers"