The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Need some high end manufacturers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
I'm hoping I have this in the right forum. I have a few ideas I would like to have produced....I prefer quality over cost, but don't want to break the bank. They involve some precise specifications. Does anybody know of any companies (aside from porper) who can do custom work?

Pete
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Metalwork? woodwork? the builders don't have to be magicians do they?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Derek Rutt Creations
View Profile
Regular user
thailand
172 Posts

Profile of Derek Rutt Creations
Quote:
On 2005-09-27 12:23, RWhit wrote:
Metalwork? woodwork? the builders don't have to be magicians do they?

I think that if the manufacturer has magic working knowledge then it is far betterthan having soneone make it who has no knowledge of magic.
And it is better still if the maker has a knowledge of performing magic making a prop and performing with it are two very different things.
Derek
Hope this helps. Creation is life
www.derekrutt.com
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
Derek is right on the money- there is a world of difference between (say) classic cabinetry and theatrical prop design. While you would probably get a solid, beautiful prop out of a good cabinetmaker, only someone who knows how important cheating out that extra 1/8 inch of space or why you run that stripe a little off the edge is going to be able to work with you in a way that can advance what your idea is to start with.
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hi, you can email me...I will help.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Always there is somebody here to help.

I'm very not good with any woodworking ability, but I can weld.
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
Please contact me to exchange a confidentiality agreement. We do work in plastics and have access to a CNC lathe for metal work.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Jim Riser is perhaps the best small shop magic manufacturer in the world. Why not check with him.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Pete,

You'll find some really good ones right here on The Magic Café. Tabman who posted above me here as well as Michael Baker are two in this thread. Follow their old postings and you'll be surprised what you can learn.

You're in good company.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com