The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Galina's music... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheDragon
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of TheDragon
I have posted this question on multiple forums across the internet and no one has had the slightest clue to its answer. On the "World's Greatest Magic III" when Galina does her floating ball routine, what is name and/or artist of the song she performs to? It's now being used in the latest Bridgestone Tires commercial on tv...which reminded me I have yet to find out anything about this incredibly beautiful song (I even emailed Bridgestone about this).
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I'm interested in this song as well!

-Bryan
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I don;t remember the Galina music (I do remember the floating ball, though), but the Bridgestone ads sound sort of like a re-arranged excerpt from a Roseanne Cash song called "The Wheel". I'm not a huge Roseanne Cash fan, but I love this song.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Galina is an UNFORGETTABLE act! I was absolutely IN LOVE with that woman by the time she finished her act.

I, myself, would also like to know the music used.

How does one research music used in TV commercials? I wracked my brain for weeks, before I found out the song used in the Zale's commercial was VANESSA CARLTON "A Thousand Miles"...

I'm still trying to find out a whole bunch more, but there is VERY little info...

As far as Galina goes...I googled and found this:

THE GALINA CONTROVERSY -- Galina is the sensational female Russian magician who appeared last month on The World's Greatest Magic III. Or is she? For a hilarious satire on conspiracy theories -- or is it? -- take a look at "The Galina Controversy", in which hard-hitting web correspondent Mike Randazzo lines up the evidence that suggests there is no Galina, but that she is in fact Charlotte Pendragon: "On this page I will attempt to prove with scientific certainty that we have all been hoodwinked." Check it out and make up your own mind.

Well that link is long gone. So much for Galina!

:-(

Doug
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Well...I hesitate to start it all up again but.....I can fill you in on the whole Galina conspiracy theory. I'm the one who started it all those years ago.

I was joking with Mike that I felt sure Galina was Charlotte and I could back it up. He thought it was funny and ran with it, next thing I know it's on his website and just about everywhere else on the internet. I understand Charlotte thought it was funny, Mr. Pendragon less so.
Still...Galina wore no shoes on WGM 3...Charlotte wears no shoes when she works...hummmm? Smile

Ms.M
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ms. M...Very interesting...Hmmmm.

Ya know? I think it really WAS Charlotte! I've always like her looks, and now that I think about it, THAT'S WHY I WAS SO ENTHRALLED with Galina!!!

Wow! I wonder if we'll EVER know? LOL!

Thanks Ms. M! You're a GEM! (and I'm no POET, LOL!)

Doug
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hi all,

I'm sorry to tell you, but Galina is not Charlotte Pendragon. My source : A french TV show called "Le plus grand cabaret du monde". She showed her floating ball act, I think it was 3 or 4 years ago in Paris. I saw it live sitting in the audience. Secondly she's actually doing different comedy magic acts with her partner called Sunny Hayes. Her long hair is now cut down short.

Concerning the music used on WGM III : The show was done only with production music edited by Ryan Ouellet, the son of the great, but unfortunatly passed away Gary Ouellet. They went to a audio production music firm and searched in their libraries through 15000 cuts. It was much easier for them to work with the filming in post production and of course less expensive.
Source : "Music and the Magician - the essential guide" by Gary Ouellet. A very interesting booklet by the way concerning music and magic, and all the things some people forget to think about before using music.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Galina is really Charlotte!?

Whatever!

Next you'll be telling us that Chris Gaines is really Garth Brooks!

Lyndel
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
... or that Roy Rogers was really Leonard Slye...

Ohhhh, the HUMANITY!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
You're not going to try and tell me Clark Kent was Superman now are you?
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
For those who think that Galina is or was Charlotte Pendragon, I would appreciate some evidences (web links, pictures etc...). I'm aswell interested to find out how this contorversy started and why.
Thanks.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?t=439

It's true! Scroll down about half the way and you'll see for yourself. The third pic in Hollywood Sage's post.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Surf on over to galinamagic,com and you'll see the real deal.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
I am so happy to be able to bring closure to a 15 year old thread :-D

The music used by Galina is called Pure Silk by Rod Bowkett.

Now everyone can sleep soundly at night again knowing this mystery has finally been solved!