The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Doves needed in the DC area (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Does anyone have a connection for doves in the DC area? I need to borrow, rent or buy (and return) a pair of doves in November? Any leads would be appreciated.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Try to contact the American Dove Association at Dennyjoyce@aol.com
They may be able to help you locate a breeder in that are.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1378 Posts

Thanks Brian. Thanks to Puck for the PM, too.

Anymore, we are stuck with not being able to transport those doves under the seat of the airplane for $75 each way. Heck, since 9/11 we can't even "vanish" them prior to boarding and "produce" them upon arrival anymore.

Last month, I got "patted down" so thoroughly in Amsterdam that I expected the security guard to ask me to me dinner!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2005-09-26 10:40, MorningStar wrote:

Last month, I got "patted down" so thoroughly in Amsterdam that I expected the security guard to ask me to me dinner!

:lol:

Your welcome MorningStar. Glad to be of help!
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Don
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Don
Where are you going to be in DC or surrounding area? I would like to see your show,place ,time and cost? Thanks

Don
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1378 Posts

Brian...yeah, you..."Dances with Dolphins"...what a clever reply! So you work security, eh? (Not in Amsterdam, more like Austin, TX.) I always thought there should be magicians working TSA security. Hey, we KNOW where stuff is hidden Smile

Don, I will pm you on that DC show.
Thanks to all. I have my birds!
Doug Henning
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2005-10-13 10:22, MorningStar wrote:
Brian...yeah, you..."Dances with Dolphins"...what a clever reply! So you work security, eh? (Not in Amsterdam, more like Austin, TX.) I always thought there should be magicians working TSA security. Hey, we KNOW where stuff is hidden Smile

Nope I don't work security, but it'd be fun to have magicians as security personnel. We're quite knowledgeable with hiding stuff in different nooks and crevices of our clothing.