The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove Workers Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hey all,
I was speaking with Dan Sperris in regards to finding braided fishing line. I was at Wal-Mart today and found a brand called "Ty Gear" line which is black and is tyable. (sp) Ah Ha.....Finally.....the perfect line! Just wanted to pass this info to all my dove worker friends.
Tony
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Ok, ladies and gentlemen. I have some braided line but it is not black!!! I do not live in an area that sells black BRAIDED fishing line, so can someone that has bought the right "stuff" tell me what brand they bought so that I may look it up online? Thank you, ROY
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4864 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Roy, I buy mine from KMart. It's called Nylon Braided casting line. It's 20lb test and comes in a 100 yard spool. That's a life time worth of line. If you can't find it there, here's an online link

http://outdoor-living.hardwarestore.com/......ine.aspx
Where the magic begins
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Dave.. I'm curious.. Is what you described above more of a monofilimant, or a wire that you can bend into shape? Also, how thick is it? What guage?

Thanks
-Vinnie
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
It's fishing line...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4864 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
It's braided fishing line, not wire. It is typically used if you are using wire loops. One end of the line is attached to the loop and the other to the dove holder. It doesn't come in guages but in test strenth line all other fishing line. Mine is 20 lb test but it comes in a variety of strengths. The link I provided has a 27 lb test.
Where the magic begins
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Dave Smile

wow, I have never seen a black fishing line....dark brown is the nearest I have seen.

Just 2 questions:

1) It the line Shiny OR FLat Black..?

2) Think 8 Lbs is the correct sizing to use....anything above 8lbs, is very obvious cos is way too thick.

Any idea if they sell 8lbs in Black & colur in Flat Black?

doveboy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4864 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Doveboy, the braided line comes in flat black. Braided fishing line is used for heavier weight fishing. I've seen it in 20 lb and 27lb strenghts. It doesn't really matter because if it's used correctly, the audience can't see it anyway. It's only used with wire loops. The loop is a little larger than a silver dollar and the braided line runs between it to the dove holder. It's easy to tie it and stays put. you don't use the line to make the loop as you do with monafilament. It comes flat black, not shiny like monafilament line.
Where the magic begins