The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: Meet 'n Greet for Daytona? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
othere_eye
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of othere_eye
I don't know if this is already in place, but I had an idea based on another forum I frequent. We should try to schedule a "Café Crew" Meet and Greet during the Daytona convention in November. Find a time where no lectures are scheduled, find a local pub or the like, and get together to meet all these people we chat with throughout the year and trade amusements and ideas in person. Anyone seen this before? Interested in doing it this year? Or am I the only one going to this? *G* Reply, PM, I'm willing to put the legwork in to schedule and organize this if there's interest.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That's a GREAT IDEA!!!!! Which bar shall we terrorize?
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Sounds good...any certain ages? Were you looking for just adults to meet?
-Tyler
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
We could do both a family thing and an adult meeting, no problem!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
I should be able to attend.
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Cool. I used to live in Washington. Played the Muckelshoot in Auburn.
You'll love Daytona Beach. I'll be performing there as Jake in The Blues Brothers, but for legal reasons there are stipulations on advertising my performance.
Let's Party!
Dave
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there Dave, My friend Robert has been a magician at Muckleshoot for 7 years now...you may have bumped into him when you were there. I am not sure which show Harry is putting me on but I am looking forward to hanging out and having some fun. I may even bring some of my product line down to sell but I may just end up having some fun. See ya there
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

It would be great meeting at a restaurant or outside of the convention, but we also need to get together at night after the final lectures. Last year, we only did that the last night, which should be done every night. That is what a magic convention should be like. Just talking and showing our magic late into the night...What is sleep at a convention? Smile

-Tyler
othere_eye
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of othere_eye
Hooray! Slim, got your PM and I'd love a hand as we get closer. I'm going to try to drive out there this week and scout out the area we'll be in. Okay, okay, I'm actually going to go to the beach and stop into Daytona Magic but I'll scout while I'm there! Keep watching this thread, I'll update the plan and pleas for assistance in the coming month.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What others are interested? Is anyone going to Orlando before or after the convention? Was there really someone on the grassy knoll?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There is a bar in the hotel that houses the convention....but it has Karaoke for entertainment....???? I'll get some beer money together and chek out some of the other establishments in the area.
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Sounds good Slim.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
At 15 Tyler, I'm sure a beer does sound pretty good...LOL I'm sure we'll get a spot that you can hang out in too!
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Great, thanks. I'll stick with a water on the rocks, no lemon. Smile
maxrod88
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of maxrod88
Hey that sounds great!Only a3 weeks until the convention.I cant wait to see my favorite magi Allan Ackerman.
max
maxrod88
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of maxrod88
I agree with Tyler.After the last lecture of every day we should still have fun staying up late showing each other magic .Thats what Im going to do.I live in Deltona but I'm still staying at the hotel where the conventions taking place.Just so I can stay up late with one Allan Ackerman into the weeee hours in the morning.
max
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there folks, I will be getting there on the 3rd. I beleive my flight arrives around 6 or so. If your around come and find me for some pre-convention fun. I just found out that I am on the Friday night show so make some noice when you see me!!! Smile Brian
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

So, we only have a couple days left. Where do we want to meet up?
-Tyler
esoteric1220
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee, FL
5 Posts

Profile of esoteric1220
Hey There! I live on Orlando, Iam wondering if there are any meetings or groups in town.
Thanks...
Chris
Life is just a plane ride away!
CHRIS DEBONIS