The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Looking for a good source of larger safey pins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
Hi,

I'm looking to buy 3 inch WIDE safety pins. THe only ones I see are narrow ones. I've done google searches, froogle searches, yahoo, etc. I've also checked craft stores like Michael's, Wal-Mart, EVERYwhere. Does anyone know where I can get these? These are similar to the Slydini pins. I don't want to buy a set of Slydini or Andrus pins since I need a few hundred for a magic project. Does anyone know a good source for this? Thanks in advance.

Shaun
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1228 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
I know of other persons that also have a problem finding these pins, so pm me if you get a hit!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1228 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Lightbulb!
Have you tried medical supply stores?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
The problem with safety pins is that they aren't used much anymore. I know the guy who makes the Andrus pins, he was having trouble finding anyone in the US who made big safety pins anymore. There just isn't the demand for them. Velcro and other sticky stuff is safer on diapers.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
3" WIDE?

I have no problem getting 3" long pins. They are about 3/4" wide.

They do make 3" wide safety pins as gag diaper pins and you can get
those in magic/novelty/gag stores in pink and blue.

I was thinking of using them for jumbo "Pindemonium" but the quality
is horrid.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
npm37
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of npm37
I know someone that makes them for his own effect, but he makes em by hand so I don't think he could do a couple of 100. What about a large office supply store?
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
I checked at office supply stores, no luck. I found a link on another thread. Thanks everyone.
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
You can get the really big Safety pins at welding supply stores. They're used to hold Strikers

Ronnie
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Shaunproof... what size? 3-inches wide or long...we need more detailed information.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is a post on the Café that give a source from a store in Indiana that carries 3" long safety pins. After ordering them I found the wire very thin and the were chrome plated. So if you tried to make a gimmick the chrome plating would break. They are brass underneath. They also sold solid brass pins.
Peter James
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Peter James
Hi

My wife uses safty pins to hold her knitting on, they are about 4 inches long and about 3/4 of an inch wide. You may be able to pick some up at a craft shop.