The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Egg bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
I'm looking for egg bag effects that would be considered magician foolers.
I'm new to egg bag effects, so another criterion would be that it not be too difficult - too technical.
Not looking for reputation makers, but magician foolers.
Thanks,

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Let me know if you find a good egg bag routine...I'm waiting for Gazoo to release his.
Steve V
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I just was at the MMJubilee and saw Johnny Tompson's routine and it was GREAT!!!!

Definatly fooled the magicians in the closeup show that didn't know the workings.

I'm not sure where his actual handling is located but I believe he uses Lynetta's egg bags that she produces, good luck with it, it really is a classic routine!
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Hi,

Johnny covers his routine on a tape that he did with Charlie Miller for Stevens Magic (which also covered cups and balls and cards). This is a great video:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=5681

Stevens also had the egg bag segment from the previous video on another video dedicated to the egg bag (also having material from Martin Lewis, Billy McComb, and Tom Mullica) on either VHS

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=5649

or DVD

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=6578

Good luck,

Bob Phillips
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 19:47, Steve V wrote:
Let me know if you find a good egg bag routine...I'm waiting for Gazoo to release his.
Steve V

I got a copy of Gazzo's routine and learned it at his master class in Virginia. It's great. Don't know when it'll be released to the general magic public, but it'll be worth the wait for you.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
If you want an egg bag routine to fool magicians...check out the routine by Milt Kort in his book "KORT". No gimmicked bag, just a pocket handkerchief and an egg!

Mike
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Speaking of books, Mike, when is Paul going to finish with yours? Remember, I get credit for best title!
Steve V
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Eric DeCamps has an amazing ending for the trick. I think its unpublished, but you might want to as Eric about it when he's the Guest of Honor here.

The Greater Magic Teach-In DVD on the Egg Bag contains some classic routines. Have you checked that out yet?
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
One more thing, you might want to ask Pete Biro about this, I'm sure he knows a heck about the egg bag since he was pals with Ken Brooke.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Ooops, one more thing. In Bruce Elliot's Classic Secrets of Magic, he has a version that would FOOL THE PANTS off most magicians. It uses some thread. Check it out.

ALso, Bob Kohler has been known to fry people with his egg bag routine using a clear plastic bag. Yep, that's right, a clear plastic bag. Kohler is one of the best at fooling magicians.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Kohler sure got me with his rising card under glass....I believe he may be the devil. I did see the Stevens tape, wasn't of much use though watching the performances was cool. I heard Gazzo's routine is the best thing out there (or almost out there). Egg bag seems to be a tough nut to crack.
Steve V
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-09-15 14:55, asper wrote:
"...Eric DeCamps has an amazing ending for the trick. I think its unpublished, but you might want to as Eric about it when he's the Guest of Honor here...."

It may be unpublished (I'm not sure) but he hasn't hidden it from other magicians. He performed it at the WMS two years ago.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Sew your own egg bag.
that's that my dad did.
he based his off of Dante's
routine.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Ricki Dunn did a great eggbag routine..using his verbal and pickepocketing skills.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Check out Dan Harlan Tarbel on egg bag, you LL see which one I mean (a ring is in use)
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Btw Luis de Matos mentions in his egg bag DVD about a friend of his doing routine with a plastic bag too, anyone could point me to that routine?