The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Magic Fuzzle/Squirmel/Wonder Worm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I can't imagine anyone really making those worms that Flora taught on that video. By the time you get finished fooling around with the materials and your time you are probably better off buying them. The good ones are cheap and a much better product than some homemade thing.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
You can find these worms at Walmart (at least you can by my house.) They sell them in the arts and crafts section with thread already attached. Three worms with thread for $0.99. I'm guessing whoever packages them doesn't know they are used for magic.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
If you wanna be a pitchman (dang Walmart! I supported you against the hippies but not when you go after us!) get the material Don Driver put out then in a couple weeks get the mouse book that also covers squirmles that Mark Lewis is putting out. Not sure of his website.
Steve V
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
Walmart's worm are very low quality. I don't like to sell junk. Great price, but crappy. I supply a few folks with em. Good item , I sell bunches.
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
The WalMart worms have the bubble plastic eyes...no good for the worm thru CD trick. They catch going through.
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
What's the name on the package at WALMART? I'd like to be able to buy small quantities on an infrequent basis. Depends on quality, too. My worm (and Svengali) pitches will not be all that often and will be for varying size groups, usually charity type events like our annual show. So I'll get only one shot at the crowd and don;t want to end up with 2 gross of worms. The dog or the kids will get into'em.

Just got Don Driver's DVDS last night and watched'em both twice. They're fun to watch as well as being 'educational'. BTW- Don is awesome on service, too. I did the PayPal click-to-order thing - and having been burned by eBay and PayPal a few times I got twitchy since I got no confirmation that the order was recieved or the funds transferred. So I emailed Don after a couple days and he emailed me right back, even though he was at Abbots!! Two days later the package arrived!! Bottom line is, not only is the material great, it's fun to watch, Don shipped without even moving payment out of PayPal (careful, Don!) and I expect if I had any problems hed make it good. He and Higley must be psychic twins!!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I'd like to know the packaged name of the worms (and the department) from WalMart as well. Although I don't pitch them, I'd like to play around with them. After I get used to them, I might think about a pitch.

Mark.
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
Hey, mrunge. PM me for as many fuzzles as you want, five bucks each. I'll pop for the shipping. And for each one you buy you'll get this AMAZING card trick where you can win all the bets and all you have to know how to do is turn over your hand.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
The Wallmart ones don't cut it in the world of the squirmel.
Steve V
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks nostromo, for the offer. I found a couple of fuzzles and already have that AMAZING card trick your talking about. It does work wonders!

All I can say is you're doing great with your pitch! Smile

Mark.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-07-31 00:17, mota wrote:
The WalMart worms have the bubble plastic eyes...no good for the worm thru CD trick. They catch going through.

Then take them off.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-09-23 00:59, Steve V wrote:
The Wallmart ones don't cut it in the world of the squirmel.
Steve V

Why not?

Intresting to see people posting on this thread. It was started as a joke over a year ago. LOL.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
I was at Wal Mart last night and didn't see the worms they must have been out stock or something because the woman didn't even know what I was talking about
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Gman, I know what you mean. It's hard to find good help anymore. It's too easy for them to say..."What?...we don't have that." instead of even bothering to check.

I had the same thing happen when I was looking for those cardboard magazine file boxes like one uses to store magazine collections, such as my magic related magazines. Three women in the customer service department looked at me with this stupid expression on their faces and said, "What?...we don't have that." and then I found it myself in their store.

What you're looking for is called "Wiggly Worms" by Creative Hands. They come 3 to a pack and sell for about $1 (US). They are in the arts and crafts department where you find beads and string for necklaces, those little button, google eyes and small stick on type things for posters and craft projects. If you can talk a manager into checking for you, the UPC number is 0 28444 68908 7 and the item number is 6378.

Just find the section of the store that has this stuff in it and look hard. They will be hanging on a hook mixed in with the rest of these kinds of things.

http://www.fibrecraft.com/kids/classics.html

Hope this helps. Mark.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Vandy, they are not as nice as the pitch ones guys like Don use.
Steve V
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Thanks mrunge, will check back again.

George
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-09-24 21:14, Steve V wrote:
Vandy, they are not as nice as the pitch ones guys like Don use.
Steve V

The worm is fine, it's as good as any other worm. The problem with the Walmart worms is that they are not packaged for individual sale and they have no instructions. It would more hassle to repackage them and get instructions made. But the ones at Wal Mart are good enough to use for the demo. If you use the ones from Walmart for the demo, you don't have to break into your blister packed stock everytime you need a new worm.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
The ones I saw were shorter than the others....dang worms
mysterrio
View Profile
New user
USA
14 Posts

Profile of mysterrio
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 17:21, Vandy Grift wrote:
I heard David Walker wasn't that good at the Svengali Pitch.

Boy, that comment will throw the first of may's off track huh? But, in his first few days...before he perfected the pitch...I guess Vandy was right....lol.

Thanks to guys like David and Don we have a pitch that works.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I'll second that, Mr. Mysterrio! David and Don are the trailblazers for the rest of us who pitch decks.

All the best.