The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Float (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
cruznbye
View Profile
New user
Fairless Hills Pa
19 Posts

Profile of cruznbye
I have just purchased this item and I will tell you it is a great way to float a dollar bill spin a coin. its endless. I thinks its for anyone who likes this kind of stuff. The set up is easy. while I was watching this performed I was trying to figure it out. I figured some of it but not all. So I had to get it. No Laymen will figure it out. Has anyone seen or tried this. I give it a thumbs up. wowmagic.com has it. I have been playing around with it since I got it yesterday and its awesome.
blsorg
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston WV
149 Posts

Profile of blsorg
cruznbye- Is this device/system a small modification of one of the "standard" means of floating... or is it a unique and different kind of flotation?
- Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana! -

http://www.WVmagic.net
cruznbye
View Profile
New user
Fairless Hills Pa
19 Posts

Profile of cruznbye
Yes it is but the way it is set is brilliant. Very easy and when I got it I was kicking myself in the rear. This guy is the original of this. He showed Daryl it and he ran with it before he put it out, but his setup is better.It was worth the money for a new and different way to do it cuz its right in there face. you can use there money, a pen anything that has the weight of a bic pen. I have been blowing people away. You can be 1 foot away. You can spin the quarter also then hand it back. business cards you can pop out of your pocket or hand its endless. You can exchange the items right in there face. I have nothing to do with this person just met him at the PA renaissance fair.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Greetings All!

Lets get this one straight.

The item cruznbye is referring to "Float" is a direct rip off of the "Fearson Hook-Up" commonly known in IT circles. This effect is being sold through two guys who lease a shop cart in the Philadelphia International Airport. http://www.wowmagic.com takes you to airportmagicshop.com which is a geocities site run by these two. By the way, Daryl has nothing to do with this.

Don't expect them to demo anything else because they want to push "Float" all day long as it makes them 98% profit.

While it is true that the effect is a good one, the setup even better, and the amount of things you can float is numerous, I believe that credit should be given to the man who created the setup and not two guys who are basically giving away the secret ($29.95) right next to animal poop keychains, fart machines, and gag lottery tickets.

They do offer some other magic items, but even some of these are homemade and not credited to the originators.

They offer a lifetime warranty for "Float" but they require you to send them the old items (¢.37) and a check for $3.00. They in turn will send you a new kit. (which those of us who own this product know that the materials only cost ¢.50).

While I share cruznbye's enthusiasm over the effect (I use it semi-regularly) I would like to impart some "Magic History" so that we all know the real story of the origins of certain magical effects.

S. Patrick
blsorg
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston WV
149 Posts

Profile of blsorg
Thanks for that info Spatrick !
- Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana! -

http://www.WVmagic.net