The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Elastic or Regular IT? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Amadeus_Magi
View Profile
New user
Jakarta, Indonesia
100 Posts

Profile of Amadeus_Magi
Elastic IT or Regular IT is better?
What is advantage and disadvantage of them and who is the winner???
Magic Beyond Your Imagination
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
they r basically used for different effects. =)
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
I prefer elastic, but I use regular.. Im not quite sure why, but elastic just feels better and you can feel when its abought to break.. Allthough, regular I.T. does have a BIT of elasticity. Wow, this is a delemma, now youv got me thinking
Amadeus_Magi
View Profile
New user
Jakarta, Indonesia
100 Posts

Profile of Amadeus_Magi
Hehehehe.... What a big dillema i have created for you Peelz, thanks for your advice
Magic Beyond Your Imagination
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
I use the LeClair animator. I tried loops, but found them incredibly frustrating to make, and use. I found they broke very easily. And they are nowhere near as invisible as regular IT. The Ben Harris stuff I had wasn't anyway. And that was really the deciding factor for me. The animator is more difficult to use, but with some practice it's not a problem. The only effect that I wanted to do that could be done with loops but not the Animator was the floating finger ring... that was until I found a way to do it, so for me there's no benifit to loops at all! And you can get a lifetime supply of thread for a few dollars once you know the source.

Cheers
Andy
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
Isn't it a pain to walk around with LeClair's hookup (like having the thread breaking/getting tangled, especially if you are out at night with friends and all, wearing a coat, shirt and what not?)
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
No way man, not at all. It's just a matter of getting used to it, knowing where it is etc. I go out all night on the bev, the secret is not to set one up till later. At some point I will set one up from the materials in my wallet, e.g. on a trip to the toilet. I can even set one up right in front of ppl, but not the way described in the book. I also hook up slightly differently to the book. Then once you're set up you can pretty much forget about it, once you know what the limitations are, i.e. how you can move around without breaking it. And if you break it no big deal, set another one up later. It's like a TT in that way I guess. Once you forget it's there etc. Trust me it's worth the effort. I've been using it in pubs and clubs for around 3 years. This hookup makes thread performance possible anytime, anywhere. I wait till I've put my jacket in the cloakroom generally, but you can attach to your jacket equally well with no additional risk of breakage. And btw I hated the thing when I first tried to use it!

Cheers
Andy

PS PM me if you want to discuss the details.
DonB
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DonB
The elastic thread stretches like a rubber band and is used for things like the floating match.

The regular thread is the kind of thread typically found in ITR's and is used for effects such as the haunted deck and animated/floating bills. While the thread may have a little 'give,' it does not (and should not) stretch like a rubberband.

DonB