The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: "Q" on the Xtreme Beginnerz dvd! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Laurent69
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Laurent69
What do you guys think of "Q" on the Xtreme Beginnerz dvd? Honestly, I think they could have come up with a more likable candidate. Is it me... or do you agree that "Q" comes accross as hip, cool, cocky, and uneducated?
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
138 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
[quote]On 2005-08-23 13:39, Laurent69 wrote:
What do you guys think of "Q" on the Xtreme Beginnerz dvd? Honestly, I think they could have come up with a more likable candidate. Is it me... or do you agree that "Q" comes accross as hip, cool, cocky, and uneducated?

I think the use of "Q" was a good way to give tips on getting some of the moves down, and work on problem areas that beginners may have. As you stated in your prior review of Beginnerz DVD, it is geared towards teanagers, but based upon the comments I have seen on XCM, that is the target audience and market. I don't think "Q" came off as uneducated, but just as a regular guy that you can associate with, with respect to the frustration of learning some of the moves. In the end, he really did not get any of the moves down very well, but it shows you that just a few weeks of practice on several moves is not enough.
Laurent69
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Laurent69
Perhaps he didn't get the moves down because he seems like the slacker type...
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
What is with the negativity? Just because you have a low self-esteem doesn't give you the right to talk smack about others.
Laurent69
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Laurent69
Who's being negative? I just asked what you think of Q not what you think of me. So get with the program Tor Egil...

There are plenty of people out there who think Q is obnoxious. I just want it to hear why...

I'll level with you Mr. Egil...here we go...

Yo Tor, wosup dude, take a chill pill my man.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I thought it was a great concept to have an absolute beginner learning this stuff on the DVD, He's just a regular guy, no magic background.

He tried his best to learn what he was shown, I respect that. As I know many people who would have given up too easy.

Ichazod
Laurent69
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Laurent69
I agree...It is a great concept. I just think another candidate would have been more deserving.