The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Only impromptu cards magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Is there a DVD or a book that have only impromtu cards magic? I need something that will not need any stack at all.

thanks
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
Well I cant think of anyone specific dvd that teaches impromptu magic (although there probably are some), almost every dvd I think of contains at least on illusion with a stacked deck. Whether it be the aces on top or on the bottom or whatever. But I can name some nice impromptu effects. Theres:
- Ambitious Card routine
- Untouched (Daryle)
- Las Vages Leaper (Paul Harris)
- Think of a Card (Paul Harris)
These are just a few I know of that have always gotten a pretty good reactions. Unfortunately their all found in different references. And don't forget you can always stack a deck in front of the audience and still do the effect (depending on your patter and the actual effect itself). Like I always prepare two card monte right in their faces and they have no idea.
Hope this helps
- Brett
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Books- encyclopedia of cards trick, $9.00 at most book stores. Card Colllege set
DVD- check out the Easy to Master card set by Ammar and Daryl's 2 sets.

This will provide you with more card magic there then you could ever learn.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Also check out Paul Gordon's Powerful Impromptu Card Magic Volume 1 Video(VHS). It can be found on ebay for $4.95
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
zwevie
View Profile
New user
Belgium
36 Posts

Profile of zwevie
I can't agree more, micheal Ammars series(1-6) on cardmagic is excellent, not only the magic, but the teaching as well. I'd go with this.
If anyone likes to discuss on msn, add me greetz
zwevie@hotmail.com
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
The Bill Malone's 4 DVDs are (almost) only filled with card magic. The LARGE majority of those tricks are done with a regular deck.

The Cummins' FASDIU books are devoted to magic From A Shuffled Deck In Use. AND they are GREAT!!!

Hope that helps,
Jonathan.
Ryan Matney
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Ryan Matney
There is a new set of 3 dvds coming out in just a few days from Meir Yedid called "Impromptu Card Magic" featuring Aldo Colombini performing and explianing a myriad of impromptu and easy card tricks.
www.pocket-tricks.com
The Close-Up Magic Shop
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3107 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
David Regal Vol.# 3 entilted "Enough of the Tricks Already" is dedicated to impromptu card magic with a borrowed deck.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!