The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Belt Deck holsters? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
Does anyone know of (or know how to make) some sort of deck holster for a belt? I have a costume I like to wear to Renaissance festivals that includes a cloak. I'd like to have access to a couple decks of cards attached to my belt in the small of my back. I don't want to have to dig around in a pouch or anything, I just want to be able to quick draw that deck and start amazing people and be able to stash and switch decks behind my back so to speak. Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I had a leather wallet made for a deck that would work perfectly as a holster if a belt loop was sewn on the back.

I think I could have one made for you for about $25 (I'd have to ask about the exact price). My wallet was $22 and I'm adding $3 for the belt loop addition.

I could take a digital photo to show you if you wish.

PM me if you're interested.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
I think they have exactly what you are looking for at http://www.MAgicSmith.com

Pro Card Case
How many times have you seen a performer pull out a deck of cards and the case is in tatters? That's why many professional card handlers use the Viking Pro Card Case.
Made of Black Moroccan leather, it keeps your cards safe and clean. Just unsnap the cover and pull on the strap and your cards glide out easily, ready for action! Let the Pro Card Case add that air of professionalism to your act.
Retail Price: $20.00 Your Price: $18.00 You Save: 10%

Smile
He who laughs, lasts.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but I use a cloth ammunition sling to hold separate decks, although I only wear it if I have something that will go over the top to hide it (esp. since it is camo green and doesn't really fit with anything). I cut the strap in the middle so I can tie it around my waist if I want. There are 4 easy access pockets that easily hold a poker size deck each (or other small props if you wish). The one I use originally had 10 round clips of 5.56mm ammo in it. You might be able to find something similar at an Army/Navy surplus store.

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Jim Robinson
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of Jim Robinson
Right now I am carrying my deck in a vinyl handcuff case. The cased deck fits in there perfectly so I am looking for a leather handcuff holster. This might be an alternative to consider.

Robinson. Smile
Robinson.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.... He to who this emotion is a stranger ... is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert Einstein
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I use a Yo-Yo holder with a belt clip to carry my cards in.
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
This is one, which I have and use, is good though the illustration looks very little like the pouch. It is nice for one deck of cards, some business cards and some coins in the side pocket. It doesn't hold too much, but "It'll do ya!"
[outdated link]
http://www.magictricks.com/accessories/accessories2.htm

This is a similar item, with a little bigger main pocket and two small side pockets. It also features a built-in card in pouch (zippered pocket), but is kinda pricey at $75.
http://www.vikingmagic.com/cgi-bin/dc.pl......;key=579

Hope this helped!
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Emiel
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
20 Posts

Profile of Emiel
Hi there,

I've had the same problems for some time.
I've tried several ready-made items from various dealers but couldn't find the perfect one for me.
In the end I made one by myself, just putting some lengths of elastic band (used for clothes) in a shape so I can put my cardcase in it, it won't fall out, and it uses the minimal amount of space.
It's invisible (I do not openly take out the cards) for my audiance.
It works for me.

Good luck,

Emiel
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
I use a leather case made to hold the cigarette pouch of 20's to keep my cards clean. These can be cut/slit to fit more than one on a belt.
I also have a device to produce an open deck of cards instantly. It just sits under the edge of jacket. Cards lift out quickly.
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The leather cigarette case is a good idea. If you are working at Renaissance Festivals, undoubtedly there are leather workers there who will be more than happy to make a suitable belt pack for your cards. Some of them will find this kind of work a welcome change from their everyday leatherwork.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
I use a leather type palm pilot holder for the palm m105. The cards fit perfectly and there is even another little area where you can stick some gaffed cards or some bills. It works great. The back has a velcro strap for your belt.

Low Phat Smile
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Contact Joshua Jay. He has exactly what you are looking for. He has these made up especially for him and sells them at his lectures. There is even a small pouch for coins and another for business cards. Highly recommended!

Snidini
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I use a PDA case like lowphat, although I don't recall which one it was for.

I only remember spending allot of time in the wireless department mentally laughing when the sales lady kept checking on me. She must have thought that I was nuts.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Look on Hocus-Pocus' site for Dmann's Professional Card Wallet. This looks nice.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
Quote:
On 2003-07-24 23:02, Bill Palmer wrote:
The leather cigarette case is a good idea. If you are working at Renaissance Festivals, undoubtedly there are leather workers there who will be more than happy to make a suitable belt pack for your cards. Some of them will find this kind of work a welcome change from their everyday leatherwork.

Bill is right. I found one my wife got at ren fest and never uses. She got it, I think, for an inhaler so my deck fits but it's hard to take out. I think you should bring your deck to the next festival and if you don't feel like spending more for custom work you could find something roomy enough for a deck or two (just go to any of those leather places and check what fits). Plus I have a feeling that even custom work will not only be cheaper then anything you order from some magic site but also better quality and design that will look renaissance-like without any fluorescent colors or weird logos (hmmmm... a red vinyl one with a bunny and the word abracadabra sounds real good).
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Jerry O'Connell in England makes these specifically for magicians and they are of high quality leather. They are available at http://www.leatherjerry.com. You can also get these O'Connell products more easily from Craig Dickson at http://www.wizardcraft.com. Dickson is the exclusive dealer of O'Connell products in the United States.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Think about a Porper card clip and see if you can epoxy a spring clip (from stationery store) on the back to clip over your belt.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Matt Ferro
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of Matt Ferro
How much do those palm pilot cases run? I'm a little short on money so I might just attempt to make my own Smile
Don't practice till you can do it right, Practice till you can't do it wrong...
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
The palm pilot cases run around 20.00 to 25.00
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
That's a great idea Pete (you seem to have a lot of them).