The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Best Marlo product you have ever gotten! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SPINE
View Profile
New user
Chicago
87 Posts

Profile of SPINE
Quote:
On 2005-08-20 22:34, monark110 wrote:
So after a search, I'm guessing that 'Marlo in Spades' is a fairly difficult book to come by? (as in long OOP)

This place has it.

http://www.midwestmagic.net/html/shoppro......p;catid=
Card Ruse
briancherbo
View Profile
New user
The Second Deal
40 Posts

Profile of briancherbo
Favorite Marlo product, hmm.

I'd have to say "Further Inner Secrets of Card Magic" by Vernon...

//ducking//
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
Quote:
On 2005-08-21 01:24, SPINE wrote:

This place has it.

http://www.midwestmagic.net/html/shoppro......p;catid=

Thanks!!! Smile
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
I'll have to go along with Glenn, and the rest of the majority here, and say "Marlo in Spades". There are things in that book that I've been doing since I first read them, and will always have at the tips of my fingers. Additionally, there are techniques and concepts that I have been able to apply in other situations. Marlo's philosophy of magic is as clearly explained in the "Spade" book as it has been anywhere. You need to study this book carefully. In that regard it reminds me of Erdnase. It is a small pamphlet, but loaded with valuable information, an approach to card handling that, once adopted, will see you through most any situation.

For a long time I thought the Cardician was most representative of Ed's thinking. But I'd never met Ed, nor did I know anyone who knew him well. Then I met Ron Bauer, who gave me my first copy of "Marlo in Spades", and explained the book to me in Marlo's terms. Next, Ron, who knew Ed for the last thirty years of his (Ed's)life, arranged for me to meet and spend some one-on-one time with Ed. It was then that I realized the true value in this little pamphlet. That's not to say that the only way you can appreciate it is to have Ed show you the stuff personally, but it was important for me that someone who knew the work stressed the importance of this little pamphlet. So, now that I've done that, go forth and seek "Marlo in Spades" if you don't already have it. If you DO have it - re-read it!

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
Based on everyone's positive remarks about it, I just purchased "Marlo in Spades". It seems like it is going to be a good buy judging from what everyone has said. Smile
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Curt,

Where in IL are you? I'm in Waterloo, Southern IL about 30 SE of St. Louis.
Ever in the area, let me know.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
My favorite is Revolutionary Card Technique. Followed by Marlo Without Tears and Marlo in Spades.
sayer
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
64 Posts

Profile of sayer
My favourite is The Cardician because it´s the only one I have :o))
waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
One gem that is seldom mentioned is The Magic Seven which is IMHO one of his better routines and not difficult to do. The concept is well thought out and well worked out. In fact, just the first part of the first revelation of the seventh card stands on its own.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
The only book I own is "The Card Magic Of Edward Marlo" which is his last three lecture notes from the '80s combined in one book. Really good stuff in that book! I really like his "Streamlined Jazz Aces" and "Updated Collins" effects. The man truly was one in a million! Cheers!!
:bluebikes:

<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile