The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Time after time :: Stand up Closers. NEEDED! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Hello everyone, ive been working for a little over a month creating all my magic into routines and acts. and editing and rewriting scripts.but a few of them are left without closers. so that's were I need your help. here are were I need closers

1. Be honest what is it (renamed 2 card monte)
Acr
(insert closer here)

that act is only about 5 minuetes long. I was thinking I could go with a card to wallet closer? or somthing like that. somthing with a signed card probably. I already had it signed. what would you put in as a closer here. patter aside. I havent finished writing it for this particualar act.

2. (another short routine) ( I cant remember the name of the first trick. first you give the spectator a card. then you take one. and the transpose)
Las vegas leaper
(insert closer here)

actually those are the only two that need closers... but remember, the closers need to be the strongest part of the act...
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I always end my ACR with Marlo's 'repeat card to pocket' followed immediately with David Williamson's '51 cards to pocket'.
the looks I get when all the cards jump to the pocket are priceless.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Are you using a table? If so, I'd highly recommend Mullica's Cards Across routine. If you don't have his lecture notes (and I think he sells them on his website), then you can find that routine on Mike Close's stand up tape from L&L (I think it's volume four).

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
A multiple selection is also a great way to close a set of all card material. There are several controls and revelations you can pick and choose from. As Scott mentioned, you can use Williamson's card to pocket to reveal the last one and then the whole deck is gon. Bill Malone has great work on this on his DVDs.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
In the williamson routine all 51 cards are produced from the pocket.
larry jennings has a basic card to pocket routine on the 'thoughts on cards' video where the deck vanishes leaving only the selected card. since the deck is gone its a natural ending for the routine and stops them from asking to see another one since there is no deck.
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Is 51 cards to pocket routine on daves set.? I cat remember the name, but I really want to buy it.