The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: New Respect! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
A friend of mine just brought me a dvd from the library, it's called, Grand Illusions -The Story Of Magic (part 2). It talks about the history of magic and the magicians who made it the great art form it is today. But one of the most interesting and EXCITING sections was about the great Dai Vernon. This is was the very first time I ever actualy got to see him perform any magic, I WAS TOTALY BLOWN AWAY! Mr Vernon's sleight of hand is out of this world! No wonder they called him The Professor!

This cd has given me a brand new respect for the art of magic and it's performers, past, present, and future.

Has anyone else seen this?

I can't wait to see part 1 of it!
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
You should get Dai Vernon - Revelations Smile It's a big series with a lot of information on Dai Vernon, both tricks, jokes, techniques and history.

THAT is really worth the money!
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
It's a great experience to be able to watch the Professor talk about magic and share his experiences.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
Quote:
Samuel
You should get Dai Vernon - Revelations It's a big series with a lot of information on Dai Vernon, both tricks, jokes, techniques and history.

THAT is really worth the money!

Where can I buy this at? Any recommendatitions on where?

Quote:
Jeff Corn
It's a great experience to be able to watch the Professor talk about magic and share his experiences.

It was such a thrill for me, I watched it 5 more times in a row!
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Any place that knows anything about magic should have that serries. http://www.magicwarehouse.com has them, and they are great to work with...

The stuff on that serries is advanced, at some point yes, you should get it, but stick to Bobo, Ammar, Regal, all those guys for now.

IMO, you can get dissappointed very easily by this serries. Yes, it is great watching vernon... and all that good stuff, but still, it is easy to get dissappointed. Buy one of the DVDs and I think you might see what I mean.

Good luck
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/