The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Electronic reel recommendations? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
veggeku
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of veggeku
I am looking to do a stunning mentalism trick. I want to use an electronic reel to pick out a card, turn over the card, and then make it rise into the my hands. I would also like to be able to walk away from the deck...not too far, but far enough. If you know of a reel that can do this, tell me about it.
Child: "when i grow up i want to be a magician"
Jay Marshall: "Sorry kid, yah can't have both"
R.I.P. Jay, the store will never be the same without you
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Have you been watching Criss Angel's Mindfreak?
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
veggeku
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of veggeku
Unfortuneatly.....yes. But it gave me the perfect way to mod a Max Maven trick that I learned a few months ago. Watching that presentation would be PERFECT for this trick. I honestly think that with that presentation it'll be the perfect haunted deck trick.
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
The only reels that I can think of are the ESR, The Spider pen, Stealth retractor and Hummingbird reel.
They can be found at:

http://www.johnkennedymagic.com
http://www.magicshop-m.com

Spider pen can be found at any dealer.

Hope this helps.

Matt
veggeku
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of veggeku
Thank you much Matt Morell. The Stealth Reactor would probably be the best one for what I'm trying to achieve. Now I'll admit... it sounds pretty croney to watch the criss angel episode and want to do that trick. I'm not a Criss Angel or David Blaine enthusist. Infact I thought both David Blaine and Criss Angel's shows were very bad. I've been in magic for a little over 2 years now and can clearly see everything that was wrong with the magic they did ( aka flying 5 feet in mid air). But I have to admit Criss's performance of the haunted deck was very good. I've also never seen that type of reel truly at work, I was impressed. However I won't be as dramatic as Criss...i think he's to into himself. But I'll give credit where it's due.
Criss's Haunted Deck trick also had it's problems to... it's pretty obvious
either way, thanks matt
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Hey Veggeku,

No problem. Glad I could help in one way or another. Welcome to the Café'.

I had the stealth retractor some years ago. Can't find the thing but it's pretty cool. Very small also. You can palm it real easily and it does use the fine stuff.It is finger operated.

The hummingbird reel is for heavier items and I believe it uses a heavier you know what that might be seen close-up. I think that reel is for like parlor or stage and the stealth is for close-up. Email John Kennedy about the facts.

The ESR is expensive and that's all I know but might be worth the money.
Ask the dealers about the spider pen. It's a tiny mechanism but don't know if it would do what you want it to.

Take care,
Matt
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Don't mess with a reel... go to http://www.stevensmagic.com and buy (it is not expensive) Finn Jon's ESOTERIC. This will bend the knees of your spectators.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
John Kennedy's reel is nice .. I've had one for years.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2005-07-25 14:31, Pete Biro wrote:
Don't mess with a reel... go to http://www.stevensmagic.com and buy (it is not expensive) Finn Jon's ESOTERIC. This will bend the knees of your spectators.

Is that the one and only effect you can do? Or is it versatile?