The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Once upon a time... :: Professor's Nightmare for kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chubby Harris
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Chubby Harris
I tell the children that I was watching them all coming into the party, and how they all look different, some big, some small, some midle sized, but ALL children are equal....I am sure you get the picture, that is just the bare bones.
"Believe in the Magic of your dreams"
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
“Song of the Friars Three”

(The Professor’s Nightmare)

By Walt Anthony, Spellbinder Entertainment, San Francisco

STORY AND PRESENTATION:

• Long ago when Kings ruled, Knights dueled, and Peasants drooled, there were, dotted all over Merry-Old-England, many a Monastery.

• In one such establishment, resided three Monks most holy, who lived to harmonize in song and chant... raising their celestial music to heaven.

• But, allow me to introduce our Brothers by displaying cords such as they wore about their simple brown woolen habits:

• Our first Friar, Brother John-the-Large, was indeed a well-rounded, and quite stout Monk.

• The next, Brother John-the-Tall, was well... extremely, tall, and a very slender Monk.

• Our third Friar, Brother John-the-Short, stood less than five feet in height, and was the most diminutive of their melodious trio.

• You must understand that although their intertwined voices rivaled Angel-song... together their absurd appearance brought gales of laughter which drowned their music, and provok’ed their souls!

• Each night on bent knee, and each dawn hands clasped in fervent prayer, the three prayed that their outward appearance would match their vocal gifts... alas,
each evensong brought their perfectly tuned sighs of disappointment.

• Knowing naught else where to turn, the three Brothers packed brown bread and cheese for their journey… and left the Monastery in search of the Wizard of the Woods.

• “Dear Wizard”, pled the three in perfect-thirds, “Cure our curse before Easter morn!”

• The all-too-wise Wizard of the Wood, nodded slowly and smiled an even slower smile, and bid the three Monks to remove the cords about their robes--

• The Friars shyly complied, nervous that the great Enchanter would require further undress... for having taken vows of poverty such Monks were rarely afforded undergarments.

• The Wizard of the Wood gathered up the cords, contemplated them solemnly, and hurling a handful of magical powders into his fire, quoth an ancient oath!

• A huge flash of light caused the distressed Friars to leap back several feet, but when they recovered their collective composure...
each exactly resembled the other!

• No longer, large… tall… or short… the Brothers Three looked like... well, brothers! In joyous harmony they praised the Enchanter in song, and set home in wonder and relief for Easter Celebrations.

• The Wizard of the Wood, however, had expected a bit more than an eloquent serenade, and with a slow nod, and an even slower smile, reversed his spell a fortnight hence. At which date our Monks returned to their natural forms.

• Once again, Brother John-the-Large too stout to fit the confessional chamber, Brother John-the-Tall so lanky his head brushed the rafters, and Brother John-the-Short so... well, short, that he was often missed at supper even while sitting at table.

• Prayer and penitence, brought both answer and peace, to the three…
for they “shortly” joined a Silent Order of Monks.

(short rope is playfully twirled upon this last line)

© 2002 – 2007commercial publication and manufacturing rights reserved,
and only by permission of Spellbinder Entertainment
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you for sharing Walt.
I just visualized your performance of this, and know that it wi=ould be extreamly entertaining. It is nice to see that you continiously work on presentation and develop new ones, even when your existing presentaions are modern day classics as is your published routine for the Prof's Nightmare.

Tony
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Tony!
<blush>
thanx....
Walt
The Sorcerer
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of The Sorcerer
I talk about spagetti growing on trees. A short piece, a medium and a long. The kids believe me.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
What sizes should I cut the ropes for profesors nightmare by m/finney. magicwalsh@gmail.com. thanks
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Anything Walt performs is magic! I do the PNM using three different lengths of cloth measuring tape as used in sewing. THree brothers competed to know which had grown taller. The moral at the end is; is the measure of a man is in his deeds and heart, rather than the heights he reaches.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
What sizes should I make the ropes for prof,, nightmare , magicwalsh@gmail.com
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
520 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Walt:

Thanks so much for your sharing its always fun to read. It gives me inspration to write stories to put with my magic. Love the ideas and creativity you bring to the Café.

Thanks

Z
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
520 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Ok if you don't know what "sizes" how can you kbow how to do the effect?

Z
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Ok I normaly don't eaven think about using stuff that other people have writen, Walt, can I use that? I stoped using PNM as I have other tricks that fit me better but...
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Go for it pokie-poke,
as long as you don't perform it on national television or publish it
I'm cool with it being used by any caring magician!

Magically,
Walt
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Walt that is very kind of you to do that. I for one appreciate it as well as your creativity.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
There was a routine I did in the 1970's called 'Candy Shop Ropes". You can have white rope, but it might be better with colored rope.

You tell the story of 3 kids went to the candy store and the big kid got a big piece of candy, the middle kid got medium, the small kid, a small piece, and then the small kid started crying. What I liked is that you actually yell out crying.
It can be pretty funny. I did it for years. I might bring it back out now. It would be good for kids.

ACE
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
I love the open and generous nature I have seen on this forum. Walt you are most gracious.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Would love to hear if anyone got ideas for patter for kids and the covid 19...
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Possible - "Die Box" where Die is a kid , maybe didn't follow safety clean or etc.- in hospital or staying at home, wants to go out - different possibilities - use YOUR imagination. Also could work up something with the 20th century silks - 3 kids -doing something -or Family doing something - and 1 doesn't or did do ?? making kid to to vanish and return - again open the imagination. then there's the spot card - spreading the virus by not being careful -1 person then 3 - 4 -so on to 6 - it's catchy - just a thought. rr
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I also do a spaghetti version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edWAjP66SOE