The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Question on brainstorm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Can most of the material in branstorm be done strolling (aka waslk around aka street magic aka hit and run etc.) or do you need a table. and by brainstorm I mean the caard magic dvds.how hard hitting is the material? is much of it gimmicked (including double backers and double facers etc.
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Brain Storm Card Magic Set By John Guastaferro is one of the best set in card magic, clever methods and amazing effects, you can do almost all the effect with a regular decks of cards, my highest recomedation
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Another recommendation for "Brainstorm" from me. The effects are VERY hard-hitting and almost all of them are done using a regular deck.

Apart from my Lost Works of Bro. John Hamman, Guasteferro's Brainstorm DVDs are my favourites!

Adam
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Brainstorm - The Creative Card Magic of John Guastaferro, features some of John's finest card creations, highlighting a unique blend of creative presentations, diabolical methods and maximum entertainment value. Most of these effects can be done strolling, without the need for tables or lengthy set up, and are within the reach of the average magician.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

I want to add one more thing.
Some effects such as party animal or jazz fusion use some diffent cards, but you don't need this diffent card, for example, party animal is a in the hands triumph effect and as a kicker the free selection card at the end change the back for a Budweiser back but you if you are performing with a red deck you can use a blue card for the kicker ending, another example is jazz fusion that is a trasposition effect and at the end John trasform the transposed cards for 4 cards with a question mark, but you can trasform the cards for the aces.
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Much of the stuff uses a regular deck. Some like Party Animal (mentioned above) will need a stranger card, and some like Snowball Aces require a gaffed deck to be made up, most of it uses normal cards. Many can be easily adapted to using no table. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
John Guastaferro is one of the greatest entertainers with a deck of cards. Audience tested material that will amaze!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
anticoin
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of anticoin
I feel this set of DVDs is over-rated.
The material in it are good, no doubt about it...but not as great or godly as people say it is...
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Quote:
On 2005-07-18 07:14, anticoin wrote:
The material in it are good, no doubt about it...but not as great or godly as people say it is...

Compared to what...?
-Jess.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-07-19 02:30, Imagication wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-07-18 07:14, anticoin wrote:

Compared to what...?

He couldn't answer your question because he's wrong.

John's Brainstorm DVD set contain some of the most "workable" card magic ever. Killer material!

And John can entertain. He gets the audience on his side and never loses them!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
90% of his card work has found a place in my arsenal because its clever ,no fancy hard sleights (even on those bad days where everything could go wrong you can put his miracles on the table) and the effects are not senseless,he gives you a good patter for every effect.
Buy it - if you´re a card men Smile
Highly recom.!!!
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-11-03 15:50, cosmicsecret wrote:
90% of his card work has found a place in my arsenal because its clever ,no fancy hard sleights (even on those bad days where everything could go wrong you can put his miracles on the table) and the effects are not senseless,he gives you a good patter for every effect.
Buy it - if you´re a card men Smile
Highly recom.!!!

I agre 100% and his card technique is amazing, I practice my cards skills watching brainstorm , because he have all the moves or sleights as second nature, the best emsley count, and amazing double, great misdirection, if you love card magic and you don´t have this dvd set just buy it!
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Brainstorm Set get my recomendation.... it kills every time

And the most tricks I perform now are comin' from these dvd....

Just get it
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"