The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Time after time :: Anyone practicing like mad with no intention of performing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Quote:
On 2008-03-24 09:59, Cyar wrote:

True, but the magic is in the performance, not in the tricks. Often these kids focus on the presentation of their slick technique instead of entertaining, so it just comes across as "look what I can." As Wesley James asks in the title of his manuscript, "Why Should I Care?"

Actually, the title is "Make Me Care," which is intended to express the plea of audiences that have had magic inflicted upon them by those who perform for their own egos rather than for their audiences' pleasure.

Wesley James
skillzilla
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of skillzilla
Ill practice for a couple more years before ill perform anything to anyone other than my family
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
You're only going to really learn it by doing it.

Get a couple of small successes under your belt, and then venture from there. The more you refrain from getting out there, the harder it will be. Trust me. Been there (as I'm sure many here on the Café have as well...)
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...