The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: New Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Has anyone seen or used the "The Magicians Choice Performance Roll-on table" that RONJO sells? I'm looking for a suitcase table and this looks like a nice one.
Here's the blurb on it:

'The Magicians Choice Performance Roll-on table The table stands 35"' tall, 24" wide, and 11" deep. With three removable shelves, which will hold magic, bottles, tubes, dove pans, etc., out of view until you're ready to use them. Sets up and folds down to only 2" thick in seconds. Constructed of Finlandia Birch Wood, smooth inside and out with high gloss black paint. The beauty of this table is that it sets up and folds down very quickly. No hinges to lose. Rolls smoothly on-stage and off with quality casters. $220.00'

Thanks,
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
DemuMagic
View Profile
New user
Canada
18 Posts

Profile of DemuMagic
That is the table I want too. Sorry, I guess I can't help you find it but if someone here knows can you please send me a private message?
Thanks
We bring peoples wildest dreams to life
live magic
TwistedMindMajik
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN.
14 Posts

Profile of TwistedMindMajik
Go to this link http://www.precisionmagic.com/Profession......able.htm it for precisionmagic.com and their "roll on table." I just bought one a few weeks ago. Here's the review I did for the website:

While in Gatlinburg in July ’05 I stopped by David’s shop and found roll on the table I have been looking for. It was love at first site! I have searched for years for a table that was proper height for comfortable use and built well enough to survive the road. When David jumped up on the table and sat down on the table to show how well built it was, I knew my search was finally over! I had found the “Holy Grail” of tables. These tables are quality from top to bottom and the best made I have ever owned (and trust me, I’ve owned a few) and are perfect for any act. I have one, but you can count on it, I’ll have another REAL soon.

If you are looking for a quality table that actually WORKS, buy one of these now! RUN don’t walk to Precision Magic and get one, you will not regret it!
...did you see that?
HowDini
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of HowDini
It's a great looking table for a surgical procedure but I don't think it's what Jack had in mind.I took a look at the previously posted table and it's apples and oranges.

Greetings Brother Jack,
Please go back to the Ronjo site and re-read the ad.
It is a fold flat table and not a suitcase table.
But it seems to be a nice one which seems to stack and lock and if that's the case I'm going to take a closer look myself.
I have an earlier Ronjo suitcase table and it's great but when it is loaded up it becomes a very heavy single piece to lift up into the SUV.
I envision packing in some canvas bags and switching to this type of table myself.

Good Luck,
HowDini
Question: How did you do that?
Reply: No! How did you didn't do that, HowDini did that.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up buying a large Lefler suitcase table and am very pleased with it. There were a couple of snags up front, but Joe took care of everything and I couldn't be happier.

Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use the small lefler table all the time.
Tip: One of the lefler latches has a hole for a lock. I purchased a combination cable lock and keep it in the bottom of the case. Today I used it. I was doing an outdoor gig and didn't need the table, so I just locked it and everything else to a pole and walked away. I recommend the locks that have a spring loaded extending cable (wire). Compact and locks up the case and locks it to something else.

they are great.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magiccarpet
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magiccarpet
Jskalon

The table you are looking at is not a table you can store your magic in
before the show. It looks like a suitcase table but it is not.

Why don't you get a suitcase table and just cary your effects around in the table.
It takes one minute to set your table up and you can put it away very fast.
(this is good if you have 10 kids around you when you are packing up.

The only problem with the suitcase table is that they sometimes get heavy.
I have rollers on the bottom of my table. The rollers make it a little better to move around. It makes it easy to come on stage with the rollers.