The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Any Ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
I would like to find one cups and balls routine that is a nice solid routine that doesn't use a bunch of Vernon wand spins, fake transfers, French drops, etc. I got the Stevens teach in Cups and Balls dvd. I like that Ammar routine, but I wasn't the drum major at Idaho State AM&N, okay? Something that is sweet that uses the basic 3 cups 4 balls and almost next to zero sleight of hand. I don't mind practicing until I am good and smooth, I just don't want a routine with a lot of sleight of hand. Almost a "Cups and Balls for Dummies" for this magic Dummy!

Thanks,
Mark
"Go Browns!"
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4340 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
There are a grat many C & B routines, some requring more sleight of hand than others. One of my favorite C & B routines is by Aldo Colombini. Basic sleight of hand and no wands. Mr. Colombini thoroughly discusses his C&B routien and the intricate psychology behind the sleights on his DVD/Video, Mama-Mia Magic, The Aldo Colombini Video, Vol 1. This video also has other magic on it as well.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
245 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
Carl Andrews has a nice dvd of his Cups and Balls routine but it doesn't exactly meet your request because it only uses 2 cups and sponge balls but is straight forward and realy nice with no flourishy wand spins..matter of a fact his wand is a Sharpie. Hope it helps.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I recommend the routine from Mark Wilsons Complete course in Magic. It is a wandless routine. You will have to be able to do a convinving false transfer in 2 places though. You can easily add in a wand later if you want. If you want a routine without false transfers, then take a look at the John Mendozza cups & balls routine. It uses a chop cup combo set. It doesn't require any diffacult sleights, but will require plenty of practise to get it smooth.

Enjoy,

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I say what your looking for is Tommy Wonder's Cups and Balls routine.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
I performed the David Williamson's routine for a very long time. Again, it uses two cups.
Is there a reason it has to be a one cup routine?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
Thanks for all of your ideas. I have in mind a routine using the basic three cups. Ola asked about using just one cup. That isn't the case. I will have to check out some of your leads.

Thanks,
Mark
"Go Browns!"
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
Where will I find the Tommy Wonder routine on dvd?

Thanks!
Mark
"Go Browns!"
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Visions of Wonder DVD Vol 1... The Carl Andrew Table Hopping Cups and Ball is a great routine too... I know you wanted a cups and ball routine but don't overlook the Don Alan Chop Cup routine...highly entertaing and not real difficult.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com