The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Seinfeld comedy documentary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
I just watched the Jay Leno show, and Seinfeld was there. They were discussing some documentary that he had just put together showing behind the scenes what life as a stand úp comedian really is.

Does anyone know if this will be in video format or will it be aired on TV or what? And when?
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I saw something about that in the paper. I didn't read it, but I think it's actually going on the big screen in theaters. I'm not sure though
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
Speaking of Seinfield, I have been told I sort of look like George (Jason Alexander)-especially when I wear my round wire rim glasses. At the Workshop, I started collecting bits of business George did.

I tried out his answering machine to the tune of the Greatest American Hero Theme. It was the first time I got an applause with a singing bit. (me singing not with Nigel)

I was not a fan of the show, and am catching them on reruns to get some of his gestures down.

Can anyone share with me some classic
"George" bits that Seinfield regulars would remember.

Send here, P.M or at
harris.deutsch@leesummit.k12.mo.us

Thanks in advance

Harris Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I loved that show. It was truly comedic genius. Sure they where all self absorbed and inconsiderate. That is what made it funny.

George had a great show about his wallet being really fat. Until one day it exploded.

Sight gag just jumped out if I was going to do an impression.

Not sure what your looking for?

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
Will,

I am looking for quick bits.

The first one I tried in an actual Nearly
Normal Program, was the answering machine
bit, sung to the tune of the Greatest American Hero.

I am thinking about doing the appearing pole
with a Festivus Reference.

I like the exploding wallet sight gag.
Was that what you were refering to.

Answer here or to

harris.deutsch@leesummit.k12.mo.us

Harris Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Chris Calabrese
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
44 Posts

Profile of Chris Calabrese
The movie with Jerry Seinfeld is called
"Comedian". It's only been released in a limited number of theaters (I think just in New York and Los Angeles). You can read more about it Here! or hear the Ebert/Roeper review Here!

My favorite George episode is the one where he gets something in his eye and goes around winking at everyone unintentionally. Everyone thinks he means something different than what he's saying because he winks when he says it. Smile
~ Chris Calabrese ~
Codex Reader
View Profile
New user
TX
69 Posts

Profile of Codex Reader
My favourite George episode was when he was at a party or something like a party and some guest "double dipped" his chip in the dip. George went off on him asking him.

"Did you double dip that chip? YOU DOUBLE DIPPED THAT CHIP! Other people would like to use that dip and you double dipped your chip."

Of course the guy had no clue what he was talking about.
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
Actually... it wasn't a party... it was a funeral for one of his girlfriend's relatives - in the same episode he tried to get a discount on plane tickets because of it. Smile
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
If you can learn to dance like "Elaine" you will be a hit! Or you can take on a sleep under your table on stage.
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
Just make sure your boss doesn't come and wait at the table for you! Smile
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Chris, thanks for your references. Seems it's either love or hate, but mostly hate.

Regarding the Seinfeld show, it's amazing when you watch the earlier episodes to see how much it evolved over the years. The characters really say and react to things in ways they would just never do later on. Particularly Kramer (or Cozmo, if you prefer) changed a lot, but also George.

Codex and Lithix - it was actually the other guy who accused George of double dipping. Of course George arrogantly did it again and that other guy just went crazy!

By the way - remember that poor female magician that was to be 'mentored' by Kramer. And from the usual craziness her doves die, so in the talent competition she is forced to sing instead. Ho ho ho (funny if you saw it at least).

Another one, with that same lady:
Kramer: "So, you're a magician... ok, what number am I thinking of?"
Lady: "7?"
Kramer (astounded with wide opened eyes): "No - 6, but that was close!"