The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Benzais (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
njh
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore, MD
143 Posts

Profile of njh
Does anyone here own "The Best of Benzais" by Johnny Benzais. It's an old booklet, out of print. If so, what are your favorite effects?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
dam0n
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of dam0n
Nope...but benzais slipcut sure comes to mind..=)
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1797 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2005-06-20 00:31, njh wrote:
Does anyone here own "The Best of Benzais" by Johnny Benzais. It's an old booklet, out of print. If so, what are your favorite effects?

I have the booklet and have not looked at it in quite a while. I do remember a very unique coin vanish though involving setting the coin in your left thumb crotch from a right hand thumb palm allowing you to show both hands empty and than producing the coin again.Never saw that move before.As I recall Benzais died at a very early age from I believe a car accident.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
The Gordian Knot...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Will Field
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
12 Posts

Profile of Will Field
The Benzais Concealment and The Secret of Gorius.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I own it......

My favorite effect to try to duplicate is Stabbed in the Pack......its been keeping me up nights.

However, my favorite effects from the little red book happen to be coin items.....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
If my memory serves me, one of the things that fooled me the most of the Prime Time Marlo DVD involved the Benzais cop(same Benzais?)
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Stabbed in the Pack for sure. Very hard though.

Best
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Old thread, but I just saw it - can't resist answering. Johnny Benzais was a close friend. Stabbed In The Pack is my effect, and Johnny thought he knew what I was doing. He asked my permission to publish it in his book. I also thought he knew what I was doing. He didn't. the "toss" into the deck is the same, but my original method is NOT an estimation trick. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I have the book. I have always liked the coin material, and I have incorporated some of his ideas in my Coins Through the Table
This is also where I learned to dry-split cards.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.