The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Flavors from the past... :: Tony Anverdi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
839 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Tony Anverdi from Leiden Holland was one of the first manufactures to combine electronics and magic together. I remember seeing him for the first time at the IBM convention in Harrogate England. His Jumbo Rising Cards, Key Box & Spirit Bell where truly amazing. A few years later I was fortunate enough to be selling his effects as my career started as a magic dealer. I only wish I had kept one of everything he made seeing the prices his items now fetch on eBay today. Sadly Tony is with us no more but many of his creations remain.
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Hello Tony

I am originally from Leiden Netherlands but have now lived in the U.S.A. for many years. I also knew Tony and Toni who lived only three blocks from my home. The attached photo shows Tony, Toni, Tony‘s friend Tony, and myself on the right (also Tony) at his house in Leiden. The photo was taken 25 years ago this August the 23rd on my honeymoon. Yes I married a very understanding lady. On our honeymoon we visited magicians in Netherlands, France, and Belgium. She is not in the photo because she took the photo.

I also sold most of my Anverdi effects but have kept a number of his lecture notes. He had such a wonderfully creative mind.

I have a magic shop in Michigan called The Timid Rabbit which has been open since December of 1974. If you ever come to the States please look us up.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Hello again Tony

Oops I forgot to attach the photo!

Tony

Click here to view attached image.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Hi Mr Curtis - you seem to have put weight on, or is the photo squashed a touch - lol.

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1199 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Hello Tony, I have to agree with you, Tony Anverdi was without a doubt one of the most creative genius' in the magic world. His liquid effects are equally as devistating as the electronic ones. As far as the liquid ones go, the 'Ring Glass' is absolutely shocking to all audiences. Unfortunately most folks who have one of these items do not take the time to use it properly, they substitute the intended chemicals for cool-aid, etc. Also Anverdi's liquid effect "Sigowi" is very different. This is the effect where a colored scarf placed in a glass instantly changes to a matching liquid, there are no pulls, etc.

Anverdi's electronic effects are very impressive as well. I regularly use his Mental Die, Talking Skull, Voice Box and Key Box. My collection houses rarer ones from Tony such as Bionic Bunny, Poker Prediction Chips, Pad of Mircacles and Rising Rope. As my username indicates I collect Anverdi, please click onto: http://www.freewebs.com/caputocollection/
to view these and many others.

I am also a big fan of the one and only Del Ray. I was fortunate enough to perform on the same bill as Del about twenty years ago here in Pittsburgh, pa.
Del lived only about twenty minutes from me just outside of Pittsburgh. He was a true professional and very ingenious in his thinking. We kept touch throughout the years via telephone, he was kind enough to send me a glossy autographed photo which has a special place in my collection.
Great talking to you,

Chuck
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
I do agree that Anverdis creations were way ahead of his time. That's why I decided to purchase all productions rights to Anverdis tricks (including the non electronic miracles). We are redesigning all the items to update the electronics and to give the customer a real routine with each one of them. After almost two years I can finally anounce that they will be released starting february or March 2006.
I have been to busy in my real life business but since I sold it I am willing to devote myself full time again to magic.
Magicman57
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Magicman57
Anyone see beyond ebay where one can purchase some of these great Anverdi creations
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1199 Posts

Hello There, I have a few original and unique Anverdi effects for sale, it would be best if you contacted me direct for details at: oldtimemagic@yahoo.com

Magically,

Chuck
http://www.freewebs.com/caputocollection/
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I read about Anverdi´s Walking Table in a old magic magazine: Linking Ring, Vol 63. The effect sounds funny. The price was May, 1983: 640 dollar.
Is it any dealer still selling Anverdi´s Walking Table ?
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1199 Posts

I used to have one, unfortunately these are very unreliable as it picks up interferrance and activates for no reason. It looked nice but the electronics would have to be re-vamped.

Chuck
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Put me down for an Anverdi Surprise Box (closing card case) if you get to making them.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
I remember buying Anverdi's Key Box, the Rising Cards and his Surprise Box. There were no real instructions with them as such. Tony Anverdi sat with me for about an hour or so and took me through the workings of all these items. Some years later I used
to have private magic lessons with Roy Johnson, and he showed me his presentation of Anverdi's Rising Cards - beautiful! Oh, do I wish I still had these Anverdi items.
I parted with them many years ago... what an idiot! Tony Anverdi was one of magic's nice guys; he was also an electronics and creative genius - he's badly missed!
PS. To Tony Curtis - Hi Tony, hope you're keeping well, and busy of course mate. Take care,
best regards, Steve.
ChadFindlay
View Profile
New user
South Africa
8 Posts

Profile of ChadFindlay
Does anybody know where I could find Anverdi's 'Wonder Ring Glass' for sale?
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I still remember my friend bought the Anverdy's Key Box from local dealer only $75 many many years ago.
I believe now the price minimal reach $1000.
nicpicot
View Profile
New user
uk
20 Posts

Profile of nicpicot
I have an Anverdi Die from new and the leds need 'retuning' any ideas? so I cannot tell 1/4 2 from 5 and 3 from 6!

contact me at nic@nicpicot.co.uk
NMC Lives
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of NMC Lives
Just wondering if there is someone who might own the smaller version of Anverdi's Mental Die effect please? This die is 2 1/8" cubed, fits in an outer box, and latches just like the larger version. The receiver is different from the larger version. This smaller version is about the size of a bridge sized deck of cards. There are two led lights (red and green) on the top of the plastic outer box.

I'm am looking to find someone who owns the effect, has worked the effect, and/or possibly has instructions for the effect please.

Please contact me either on the MC Forum or PM. I have one of the effects here and the lights are just blinking. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
G
chanin
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of chanin
Hello, does anyone out there have a copy of the Anverdi key box directions, I have one from the 70's that I bought, it needs some work. Thanks if can help I would appreciate it, Rick