The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: What is your favorite Darwin Ortiz routine from his "Card Shark" video series? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
I just received Darwin Ortiz's "Card Shark" videos and was wondering which effects are favorites among members here at the Magic Café.

What are your favorite effects on these videos and which effects do you perform?

I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Effects I like and do perform: Blockbuster, Time & Again, Kartenkunste, One Handed Poker Deal.
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Thank you for your feedback! Smile

Yes, those are excellent effects and I would love to be able to perform them.

So far I am thinking about learning "The Psychotronic Card" which might play very well for laymen.

Kind regards,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The routine Blockbuster is almost selfworking: the effect is anyway a real "blockbuster" Smile
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Thank you, I'll check out "blockbuster" tonight. My first thought after watching Darwin perform is that the effect is probably not self working. I usually watch the performances and wait a few days until watching the explanations. It is fun trying to figure them out. His work is a bit intimidating yet I really enjoy his explanations and the routines are very well thought out. From what I have seen of his work I truly think he is a genius with cards. Amazing!

Thanks again,
Rich
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
"The Psychotronic Card" is a great effect. This and "Beyond Sleight of Hand" are effects I perform all the time.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
I second (third?) Psychotronic Card.

Flimnar