The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Phenomenal Rope Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Michael
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Michael
Has anyone seen this effect performed or even own it? How about some feedback? Thanks.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Pavel’s “Phenomenal Rope Trick” is the only “gimmicked” rope effect I am using right now (I also have his Junior walking knot, which I had him make for me in red rope). It was featured in over 27 holiday shows to a good response. It has held up well.

It is really pretty typical of Pavel's thinking and workmanship. That is,it is very well made (it is a rope gimmicked with two different kinds of gimmicks) and very well thought out. It is almost (AMOST) self-working. As with all of his effects, Pavel provides only the most basic of outlines in the trick’s operation. The performer is left with having to develop a smooth and workable routine (and with effectively hiding the necessary “moves” in handling the gimmicks). To me this is a big PLUS!!!.

I like the routine very much.(OK, very, very much!) Imagine cutting a 70-inch piece of rope into one long piece and one very short piece. Tie the pieces together and move the knot to the center of the rope. Untie the knot and have two ropes exactly the same length! Then re-knot the ropes and again move the knot to the opposite end and unknot the rope once again to fine that the knot has traveled to that end and leaving you with a short and a long piece of rope again!

BUT WAIT! That’s not all!! Now do a simple-two-rope “Professors nightmare” ending with two ropes of the same length! Tie each of these lengths into loops and then perform a linking rope (two loops link!). Finally untie the rope loops and have the rope fully restored back to its original 70-inch length.

It is a lot of magic. Fairly easy to learn, a little more build into a nice routine involving your performance style (but isn’t that the fun of building an act?).

This is a stand-up/parlor/platform type of effect. The weakness of all gimmicked rope effects is that it cannot be handed out for examination at the end. But then, I don’t give ANY prop out for examination. The routines I build and perform don’t call for it!

It is expensive (about $50 if you include postage) but well worth it for a stand-up magician. Remember it is a "Gimmicked" rope effect!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!