The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Quick-Change Bowtie by Lex Schoppi :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Quick-Change Bowtie by Lex Schoppi
--------------oOo----------------

Description / Effect: With this Gimmick you're in a position for a lightning fast color change for your Bowtie with only one short movement in the back with the left or right hand. You will be able for a 6 fold colour change, perfect to use as a running gag, also if you work as an magician for children. Up to now everybody who saw this gimmick has looked in disbelief. The Speed is incredible. For this reason Lex Schoppi wrote in his Book "Quick Change"; "obviously you have to separate from you're conservative viewpoint"
The color of your bowtie will change from blue - red - black - yellow - green - orange! Start with any color you like! The gimmicks are in high quality produced in a german tie factory. It's optimized for a white tuxedo shirt. This gimmick is available in 2 versions: one for the 6 fold colour change from the Bowtie (standard-version) and one for the card magician with a continues colour change between red and black. As it were the Quick Change Bowtie is made for the popular card trick "out of this world"

----------------------------------------

For those of you who wear a bowtie while performing, you're going to be very interested in this clever utility item. I say utility because I believe that in actual practice it is more of a device that lets you achieve something as opposed to a stand alone trick. I also feel this will play much better as a running gag and I myself would never point to my bowtie and tell my audience to pay close attention.

The ad copy above describes what happens, and I can't argue with it. Your bowtie changes color using up to six different colors. You see, you are in total control and may choose to only make one color change if you like. Perhaps you change a red tie to a black, you then have the option of another color or go back to red, it really is up to you.

The bowtie's that I received from Sven Schoppenhauer are very nice and the quality is decent enough. Along with the ties and gimmick you also receive several pages of illustrated instructions that will have you working through this in a very short time. The text has been translated from the original German, but still explains the concept very well, so no worries there. Smile

Now, I should point out that while the effect of this thing is extremely visual and lightning fast (actually, since the ties are under your control at all times, the effect can be as visual or as fast as you want it ti be), you will need to put in a little practice time learning to use the apparatus and you'll need to experiment somewhat to try this with whatever clothing you are currently using - it can and does make a difference. When done properly and with the proper practice this is a very cool item. Rush through it and you risk the possibility of looking like an idiot. But, please do not be afraid to give this a try as I think the serious workers out there will really get a lot of use from this and your audience will be scratching their heads trying to figure out what the heck is happening. Recommended. Smile

----------------------------

My rating:

Suggested retail is: $89.95 + s/h or 70 EURO + 4 EURO

Quick-Change Bowtie can be ordered directly from Lex Schoppi's Costume-FX

You can contact Sven Schoppenhauer 24/7 at: info@quickchange.de

Visit the Lex Schoppi website to order direct: Click here!

Sven Schoppenhauer
AM ANGER 15
06618 GORSCHEN
GERMANY

Phone: 034445-900156
Fax: 034445-900157
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks