The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: "Out Of Body" by Larry Becker and Larry White (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
How good is this effect, need some helpful comments;

OUT OF BODY of Larry Becker and Larry White.
Effect:
The deck is shuffled, the spectator cuts the deck when the performors back is turned.
He pockets one card without looking at it.
The spectator puts the deck back into the card box. Two rubber bands are placed around the box. The performer places the card box on the palm of his outstreched hand. The performer can now identify the missing card in the spectators pocket.
The spectator removes the card from his pocket and it is seen that the performers has correctly revealed the freely selected card. Remember, the card case has been in full view of the audience at all the times.

52 ordinary, ungaffed cards. No sleight of hands is required. The spectator is free select and pocket any card in the deck. The selection process occurs while the performers back is turned. No stooge. No force.
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
What you wrote is an accurate assessment of the effect. As with all "magic descriptions" a few tiny elements have been left out, but nothing your audience would perceive. A very nice piece of mentalism / mental magic.

You may also wish to take a look at my take on the over all effect, called "Magician's Dream". It is in my lecture notes Enigmas, and is also found hidden in the "Magician's Only" section of my website.

Best in Magic,

Michael Sibbernsen

http://www.waterloomagic.com/Max.html
For the entrance to the Magicians Only area. Bottom of the page.

http://www.waterloomagic.com/sale.html
For information on Enigmas and more.
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Larry Becker´s and Larry White´s

"OUT OF BODY"

Is a very good piece of mentalism!

TED LESLEY
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
806 Posts

Profile of Scott
It is a good effect.

Very basic methods that you already know.

You can find it on the Mental Masterpeices video.

After seeing the effect performed on video by Larry I now do it with three cards being chosen and place blind in three different pockets.

Ask them to take any card from any pocket and look at it read their mind, repeat it with another card and then do Larry's out of body presentaion for the last card.

Goes down strong.

Regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
jecar
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of jecar
Quote:
On 2002-10-16 01:39, Kjellstrom wrote:
How good is this effect, need some helpful comments;

OUT OF BODY of Larry Becker and Larry White.
Effect:
The deck is shuffled, the spectator cuts the deck when the performors back is turned.
He pockets one card without looking at it.
The spectator puts the deck back into the card box. Two rubber bands are placed around the box. The performer places the card box on the palm of his outstreched hand. The performer can now identify the missing card in the spectators pocket.
The spectator removes the card from his pocket and it is seen that the performers has correctly revealed the freely selected card. Remember, the card case has been in full view of the audience at all the times.

52 ordinary, ungaffed cards. No sleight of hands is required. The spectator is free select and pocket any card in the deck. The selection process occurs while the performers back is turned. No stooge. No force.

I think this is a great effect and one that you won't be sorry if you buy it. The last time I checked it was $25 and that's a pretty good price for an effect this strong.

That said, I prefer using a mind reading presentation with it, instead of the "out of body" premise.

Anyway, you can't lose on this one.

Jerry
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
This was the first item I ever purchased
from Larry Becker;and very happy I did.
You will not be sorry.